My grenadier mitres

Arran said:
Amazing collection of mitres! I see Russian and Prussian...what else is represented? Can you tell us about them?

left to right
1 Russian grenadier hat arr 1797-98 for the reign of Paul 1
2nd Holstein Grenadier Cap of the Duchess's Regiment (Peter III).
3Hat grenadier of the lower ranks of the grenadier battalion of the infantry regiment of brigadier Karl Ernst von Zeumern 1762 (Holstein corps in Russian service),
4 Infantry Regiment Delvig Holstein troops of Peter III
5 Pavlovsk regiment
the far right forehead badge of the 49th fusilier regiment of the Prussian army during the seven years' war. Trophy of the Russian army. possibly from the collection of Peter 3

Very impressive Sergei, I have never seen so many in one collection. Congratulations!

Sergei1877 said:
the far right forehead badge of the 49th fusilier regiment of the Prussian army during the seven years' war. Trophy of the Russian army. possibly from the collection of Peter 3

Wow! An item that may have belonged to a Czar. Talk about a piece of history!!! That is awesome!
:bravo: :bravo:

cptbob said:
Sergei1877 said:

Wow! An item that may have belonged to a Czar. Talk about a piece of history!!! That is awesome!
:bravo: :bravo:

I already described this story, here is a link to this topic
https://www.pickelhaubes.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=14136&sid=e3407ba8295baa4978eb2e0290ea545c

Excellent collection Sergei!!! Hard to find one and you almost have enough for a squad!

John

All of your Mitre helmets are lovely

The mitre helmet “ grenadier of the lower ranks of the grenadier battalion of the infantry regiment of brigadier Karl Ernst von Zeumern 1762” intrigues me. Can you tell us more about this helmet and show some detail.

All of your Mitre helmets are lovely

The mitre helmet “ grenadier of the lower ranks of the grenadier battalion of the infantry regiment of brigadier Karl Ernst von Zeumern 1762” intrigues me. Can you tell us more about this helmet and show some detail.
If you allow, I will write in more detail about this battalion later. I don’t have any information at hand right now. I'll write a little later

The Holstein troops belonged territorially to the equal Duchy of Schleswig-Holstein and the Russian Empire. This unity is fully reflected in the symbolism of the banners and regimental emblems. The composition of the regiments was multinational and included representatives of dozens of nationalities from Europe, Russia and even Asia, including Austrians and Swedes, Karelians and Finns, Russians and Ukrainians, Poles and Serbs, Kalmyks and Persians, which is significant - they got along with each other without problems under the command of Holstein officers, among whom there were also people of various nationalities. During the palace coup of 1762, when power was seized by the wife of Peter III, the future Russian Empress Catherine II, the Holsteiners were ready to die in order to protect their emperor. However, the monarch's indecisiveness led to his defeat. The Oranienbaum Guard was disbanded, forever erasing the memory of the military amusements of the Holstein prince.A number of historians suggest that court architect Antonio Rinaldi and chief architect Bartelomeo Rastrelli took part in the development of the Holstein uniform.

The troops of the future Emperor Peter III were organized as a regular army of any European state and bore the name “Schleswig-Holstein Army in Oranienbaum,” which emphasized their status as belonging to Peter - not the heir to the Russian throne, but the ruling Duke of Holstein. The affairs of their supply were handled by the St. Petersburg and Oranienbaum house offices, which were also responsible for the remaining possessions and property of the heir. Peter III maintained his troops at his own expense, without getting into the state treasury. Therefore, neither from the point of view of management, nor from the point of view of providing everything necessary - from weapons to provisions - did the Holsteins depend on the regular Russian army. And they were listed as the Duke of Schleswig Holstein.

Back