My latest addition, M15 Hessian.

coert65

My M15 Hessian, which I bought on the forum, and arrived here yesterday!

I am very happy with this helmet!

Have a nice sunday, greetings, Coert :)

Yes, a Z650 B1 from 1977. :) I also have a B2 from '78 which is in my garage.
And 2 ZRX'es, 1100 and 1200. :D

coert65 said:
Yes, a Z650 B1 from 1977. :) I also have a B2 from '78 which is in my garage.
And 2 ZRX'es, 1100 and 1200. :D

For a moment I thought which pickelhaube model that, only to figure out that it must be motorbike :eek:

I'll post some pictures of them in the section here on the forum.
The social section. Let the good times roll! :thumb up:

Very nice helmet Coert, congratulations on adding it to your collection! :thumb up:

I once had an example that was depot reworked that I sold to Amy back in late 2006 or early 2007 that I still miss having. :cry:

It had a fluted spike on it with the cloverleaf cross base, and old plugged holes behind the front plate which were done by the depot arsenal repair shop. A collector friend of mine bought it from a family about an hour away from where I live, along with a nice common M15 Prussian helmet. Both helmets were missing the chinstraps and kokardes. I had a bit of difficulty in convincing my friend that the fluted spike belonged on the Hessian helmet, and not the Prussian one as he had found them from the family. I suppose they were played with over the decades, and the spikes inadvertently got switched at some point of time. I finally convinced him, and switched the spikes back to their correct helmets.

Best Regards,

Alan

ww1czechlegion said:
Very nice helmet Coert, congratulations on adding it to your collection! :thumb up:

I once had an example that was depot reworked that I sold to Amy back in late 2006 or early 2007 that I still miss having. :cry:

It had a fluted spike on it with the cloverleaf cross base, and old plugged holes behind the front plate which were done by the depot arsenal repair shop. A collector friend of mine bought it from a family about an hour away from where I live, along with a nice common M15 Prussian helmet. Both helmets were missing the chinstraps and kokardes. I had a bit of difficulty in convincing my friend that the fluted spike belonged on the Hessian helmet, and not the Prussian one as he had found them from the family. I suppose they were played with over the decades, and the spikes inadvertently got switched at some point of time. I finally convinced him, and switched the spikes back to their correct helmets.

Best Regards,

Alan
Well Alan , the helmet has been sitting on my shelf with its brothers. So can you still identify which one is yours, Helmet 1 or Helmet 2?

Thanks Alan and John,

I am very happy with it, mine has plugged up old holes too, done by BJA as is correct, just like helmet 2 shown by Amy.
Nice helmets by the way Amy! :)

Merry Christmas to all! :santa:

Greetings, Coert. :)

Merry Christmas to all.

Coert u started the pics of hessian helmets going. Hessians are hard to get and when you find them, they are expensive.

I know Amy, I paid a lot more for my Hessian M15 than for a usual Prussian M15, but I am very happy with it.
They are rare! And I really like the wappen of them so paying for it was really no problem.
Your 2 Hessians still have the fluted spike, mine has the Prussian one, but knowing that several variants are correct I am happy, I saw Hessians with circular spike bases and fluted spikes, cruciform bases with prussian spikes, round spike bases with ball tops..also in period pictures.
On my Hessian the coloring of all fittings match, so it feels good.
Have a nice sunday!

Greetings, Coert. :thumb up:

I have one as well.
It is an arty with crossed base and mine has been refurbished as well but mine has black leather covering up the old holes

Back