My man cave

Congrats, great man cave and above ground too, not the usual basement retreat! I have a friend who collects war of 1812, amazing what Brit and US buttons from that era sell for.

Khukri said:
Great!!!!Kris: With room for a fridge??
Thanks!
I am making room at the moment.
For ...a fridge, a tele, a humidor, a good chair, and so on! :wink:

b.loree said:
Congrats, great man cave and above ground too, not the usual basement retreat! I have a friend who collects war of 1812, amazing what Brit and US buttons from that era sell for.
Thank you.
Most expensive button I saw was a railway button, can't remember how much, but I know I could get a very nice spike helmet for it...

A Great collection and great displays, the one thing I see that worries me is the amount of sunlight that is allowed into the collections room. I hope you have UV protection on the glass. There are a number of things that threaten our collection, we all understand water, fire, theft and vermin, but light is as bad for fabric and printed material. In my two collections rooms, I have blocked all external light, one by walling over the windows, the other being temporary, I have covered the glass with aluminum foil.

Hey Gustaf,

thanks for your message and appreciation.
No worries about sun and moon light, the whole house is equipped with special glass in order to preserve the antiques, and keeps the house chilled in the summer.It has (the glass!) a whole lot of specifications I can't even remember.
It also is; "one side see trough" (from the in side to the out side, of course! ;-))
I also blocked one window, but that was due to the fact I needed more wall space.

The one side see through also has the benefit of keeping outsiders from seeing in. I have to admit that the reason for walling over the window in one room was for the display space as it is a north wall and gets little sunlight through it. If you need more display space, you can send what does not fit to me.

Back