My medals and spangen collection.

coert65

As most people here know, I collect medals and spangen from WW1.
But my showcase was getting way too small, so I bought 2 more, for my spangen, the other one for my single medals, all german.
The other showcase, which is now empty, will be filled with my English, French and Belgium medals, which were in a small box, because it was filled with my German medals before.

Regards, Coert.
20231121_100646.jpg
20231121_100831.jpg

But my showcase was getting way too small, so I bought 2 more, for my spangen, the other one for my single medals, all german.
The other showcase, which is now empty, will be filled with my English, French and Belgium medals, which were in a small box, because it was filled with my German medals before.

Regards, Coert.
View attachment 39077
View attachment 39078
Awesome collection Coert.

I've just put my Belgian, French and British medals, and some other stuff, as trench art like 2 bracelets made from drivingbands of shells too.
And 2 medalboxes that were too large to fit in my German collection. Capbadges & some shoulderboards, British ones.
20231121_130856.jpg
The 3 british medals are all named to 1 man. Next to all Belgian medals is a Hasselt kruis, the war 1830/1831. Tiendaagse veldtocht. This one is related to my family.

Regards, Coert.
View attachment 39077
View attachment 39078
A very nice collection
Thanks for the post
Steve

Very nice!
I hope to get my medals soon over from Belgium.
Got 2 BWM to Belgian agents among them. One to a guy from Brussels, and one to a women from Antwerp. The last one is quiet special to me.
If you would ask me what the best piece of the collection might be, well it is owning that particular medal!

Congratz Coert, nice collection & showcases.
Hasselt Kruis? Thanks, still learning about Belgium history:).

And yet another 2-er spange is on its way to me, EK2 and Braunschweig kriegsverdienst medaille 2klasse.
This is a picture from the seller, I'll post a picture when it arrives here, in my display showcase, with it's other 2-er spangen from other states.
2-er spange Braunzweig.jpg
I keep on searching for the ones I do not have yet.

Regards, Coert.

Back