667.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC06479.JPG
    DSC06479.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • dz0xMDAwJmg9Njcz_src_159756-2-107-322-4.jpg
    dz0xMDAwJmg9Njcz_src_159756-2-107-322-4.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 38
WOW, What a cool item.

I've been tempted more then once by fantastic quality uniforms made for children. I had a Childs French Helmet, cuirasse and sword in my hands back in April. I just couldn't do it, I kept telling myself I have no room to display it. :cry:

I would have loved to have something like that as a boy. We had to settle for WWII items to run around in while playing Army.

That photo is absolutely fantastic, hope you don't mind I lifted it (y)

WOW, What a cool item.

I've been tempted more then once by fantastic quality uniforms made for children. I had a Childs French Helmet, cuirasse and sword in my hands back in April. I just couldn't do it, I kept telling myself I have no room to display it. :cry:

I would have loved to have something like that as a boy. We had to settle for WWII items to run around in while playing Army.

That photo is absolutely fantastic, hope you don't mind I lifted it (y)
John the photo is generally available and anyone who wants can keep it.I dreamed as a child of a knight's outfit,but due to the lack of items from that period I played like you in the Second World War.

John the photo is generally available and anyone who wants can keep it.I dreamed as a child of a knight's outfit,but due to the lack of items from that period I played like you in the Second World War.

I wish I had half the stuff we ran around with back then today. LOL

We were pretty lucky as kids my father was a Military man and him and my uncle were pretty handy. Me my brother and cousins as well as the neighbors were pretty hooked up weapon wise. :ROFLMAO:

He even made us Zweihander out of wood. We had great battles covering all the periods of history we loved. Uniforms not so much, but we had something called Imagination. I think it was Marx that even made a civil war cannon that one of the boys in the neighborhood had. I'm so thankful I was able to grow up when I did. Can you imagine the parents of todays heads exploding at the thought. :oops:

Yes there was a great deal of good honest play and life before cell phones, video games and computers. As kids of the 50’s we built forts, made spears, sling shots and our own bows and arrows. We had fights with green apples as ammunition, any tree with enough girth was meant for climbing. Loads of fun which cost us nothing and fed our imaginations!

Back