New Display of Pickelhaubes for 2022

Absolutely outstanding to look at others collections, truly jaw-dropping.
I don't have a display as such to indulge others as I prefer to keep what I have to be of minimal display and I do love to handle them.....constantly.
I collect only what I deem to be works of art as I'm an art conservator by profession.
My ad hoc display 😊.

IMG_0805.JPG

Hey thanks, Coert.

I have been in Southern California for the last week and have been remiss in checking posts.

Impressive collection. I must say that the Prussian officer helmet you have pictured above probably has the tallest spike I have ever seen on one of these. I mean, it is almost insane how tall it is. Very cool!

Bryan.

You have some great looking M1915s in that pile, Coert!

That is one area I think I would like to focus on myself.

I think I like your Saxon and Wurt 15s the most. Nice collection!

Bryan.

Thanks Bryan and John! I have a preference for M15's..
I like all haubes, but they are the ones that really put the hook in me. I'm still on the hunt for an Oldenburg M15.
A Mecklemburg M15 too, but those are really scarce.

Have a nice sunday, regards, Coert.

I made this year a new display for some headgear and some uniforms,
as I'm part of a family of six (me; spouse and four children) I can't just display my collection anywhere I like,

I have a big cupboard with headgear in the living room II displayed earlier), but I got permission to put a second cupboard on display on the landing of the first floor, it is a bit crowed because of space issues but I think it worked out well,
It is a metal cupboard that I converted (took out a metal shelf, put in a glass shelf, and added LED lighting: so it can contain three torso's and some headgear /helmets.
hope you like it

Michiel

Attachments

• vitrine 2.jpg
    vitrine 2.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 50
  • vitrine 3.jpg
    vitrine 3.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 49
  • vitrine 1.jpg
    vitrine 1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 49
That's brilliant. Is the cap in the upper right 2LHR??
it's supposed to be, probably a combination of old parts put together , definitely an old black mutze with velvet band, with white piping; and the skull and cocarde look right but overal seems to be " fuzzled with", on the white lines a bit of white paint is applied to make it more white, and me and others always had doubts on its originality, it was a bargain anyway... so bought it nevertheless, there are some things in the cupboard I feel really attached to, : a pith helmet named to a specific new zealand officer who served at anzac cove that wrote names and dates of all places he stayed at during the great war in the interior, a wheekers helmet (casque reine elisabeth), a straw hat covered with cotton for " tiraileur indochinois" (" saluko" which is very fragile but somehow survived till today) a Belgian and Victorian Tschapka, some mimikri helmets.

Very nice display! I also had to do something with my helmets display, not that they were not displayed good, but I have 2 young cats accompianing me in a short while. So, to keep things relatively safe, I made some alterations.
Most of you know how it looked before,
View attachment 20053
Maar dat is te dichtbij voor 2 jonge katten die opgroeien. De boekenkast is nu dus weer gevuld met boeken.
Sorry voor de ietwat wazige foto, zojuist genomen, maar zo ziet het er nu uit. Ik zal later betere foto's maken.
View attachment 20054
Sorry voor de wazige foto, het is hier nu vrij donker.

Groeten, Coert.
indrukwekkend

Back