Howlingriffon

Thank you for accepting me into the forum. I've always been a military history buff and enjoy learning and research. I finally started collecting mainly "modern" US rifles and gear a couple of years ago.
I recently ran across Paul Sanders' head dress book and got bitten by the bug. I'll be digging through the posts trying to learn all that I can. I'd be appreciative of any reference material suggestions also.
If admissible and I can figure out where to post it, I'd like to post photos of a Baden piece that I ran across. My intention would be to get feedback on that piece, ie., what is good, bad, fake and generally find out what to actually look for. I hope that made sense.
Stay safe,
Jason

Welcome aboard Jason.
If you wish to post pictures of your newly found Baden helmet, post them in the "Latest Find" topic here, it is almost at the top of the page here.

Best regards, and greetings from the Netherlands, Coert.

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing the Baden! I think you have to make like 5 posts before you are allowed to post pictures? stops some of the spam.

Many reference books out there, some better then others. Under the Pickelhauben category, there is a section on reference books you can look at. Laine and Larcade are expensive and somewhat hard to find, but still the best IMO.

Please ask questions, best way to learn.

James

Welcome Jason, good to have you with us. You are in the right place to learn about these helmets and what to look for when making a purchase. The system here will give you photo access after 5 posts/comments.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Going through the reference/book threads, I've already started my wish list, much to the chagrin of the wife :)
Bear with me for a bit as get some of the newbie questions out of my system. See you in the other forums!

Thank you for accepting me into the forum. I've always been a military history buff and enjoy learning and research. I finally started collecting mainly "modern" US rifles and gear a couple of years ago.
I recently ran across Paul Sanders' head dress book and got bitten by the bug. I'll be digging through the posts trying to learn all that I can. I'd be appreciative of any reference material suggestions also.
If admissible and I can figure out where to post it, I'd like to post photos of a Baden piece that I ran across. My intention would be to get feedback on that piece, ie., what is good, bad, fake and generally find out what to actually look for. I hope that made sense.
Stay safe,
Jason
Welcome onboard Howlingriffon.
Zeb

Hi Jason,
Welcome to the forum!
Just answer a few more times and you can start a thread showing your Baden helmet :)
Regards,
Lars

Back