Nice auction

I tought some people here would be interested in this auction. There is alot of nice stuff which will be sold during those 2 days.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/aisne/catalogue-id-aisne10005?salesection=All+lots&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Greetings

Pickelhaube

The Saleroom isn't an auction site as such. In the UK it shows what auctions are taking place around the country (and sometimes elsewhere in Europe) and when and shows the individual auctions' catalogues. The auctions use it to publicise what they're offering to a wide audience, and a buyer can search the site to see if items they're interested in are coming up for auction anywhere. You can use it to follow auctions live, bid online etc. as long as you're signed up with them. If you buy something through this vehicle you pay a small percentage extra. Some auctioneers don't even publish their own catalogues online themselves, they just use The Saleroom.

I have a standing search for the things I'm interested in, so I always know what is coming up, where and when.

You still need to satisfy yourself about the reputability of the auction house selling the item you're interested in and ask them the right questions about condition, authenticity etc.

Hope this helps. Have a look at their site.

Patrick

I don't know what the reputation of the saleroom is, but it's the "Dekerle collection". I know the person once had or still have a website with his collection, but i can't remember what site it was. The site was great for using as reference.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

I just did a quick search, it's indeed the collection of Stéphane Dekerle, autor of the following book.

https://www.amazon.fr/LArm%C3%A9e-fran%C3%A7aise-Premi%C3%A8re-Guerre-mondiale/dp/3902526211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I remember him from a French forum i'm on also, and all the helmets he posted there were good. He once posted photo's on the forum with a big garden table full with uberzugs(every kind you can imagine).

I'll keep following the news about this sale since i'm interested in some things which will be sold. When i have more news, i will post it here.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

*edit:this is the link to the auctioneers website: https://www.aisne-encheres-historica.com/en/upcoming-sales/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For those of you who did look at the site .
What do think of lot 368 ?

what do you make of the helmet in Feldgrau

in the form of I R 115 but with an artillery ball on top ?

The ball looks for sure brass painted over with Feldgrau color
but I think at times they did do that
There are faint markings on the rear visor , but I can't make them out .
Since I can't read French , I don't know what they are saying about the helmet .
If correct it sure is interesting
worth having ever if the ball is incorrect
but how could that helmet be ?

Steve

Lot 368
I just did the translation ;

Hesse. Troop 115 ° helmet carrying a ball of ?? artillery brass, beautiful bomb, beautiful interior, all the fittings are painted gray, leather chinstrap, roundel Hesse d ?? officer and good reich roundel, scored 18 in the RBA nuquière.

Steve

Hesse. Casque troupe du 115° portant une boule d’artillerie en laiton, belle bombe, bel intérieur, toutes les garnitures sont peintes en gris, jugulaire cuir , cocarde Hesse d’officier et bonne cocarde reich, marqué RBA 18 dans la nuquière

Hesse. helm for enlisted man from 115 which caries a brass ball, beautiful helmet shell, beautiful interiour, all hardware is pained in grey, leather chinstrap, Hessen cocarde for officer and a reich cocarde, RBA 18 stamp in the neck flap.

To be honest, those helmets looked better on his site. Some are made up, like the IR 92s, but there are some nice pieces of gear which will be sold. If i can, im going to the auction, i won't bid on the helmets if i can't examine them upclose.

Greetings

Pickelhaube

Yes it is saying that the Hessen kokarde is "officer", it has the M15 size hole so if it is officer it would be for an M15 style off helme with side posts. In my opinion, this is an M15 JR 115 which was missing its M15 spike and someone just put an M15 arty top on it. This would be easy to do. Finding an M15 spike would be easy but you would have to try and match the paint on the original fittings and you would have to check to see if your "new top" fit the M15 base. As usual, that top fitting for the spike is not "standardized" most will fit, but some will not and others have a loose fit. This is a cool helmet though, with correct markings and a minor spike problem. An extra 25% though added to all winning bids. :(
Pickelhaube.....please let us know how the auction goes. :)

I will, the helmets are less but there is some gear i'm very interested in. Hopefully i can win atleast a few items. Sometimes the bidding can be crazy during French auctions, but sometimes you can get stuff pretty cheap. I hope for the last option. :D

Pickelhaube

Brian ;
remember that spike for the Hessian I R 115 is special
It is fluted , I am pretty sure
Tony has one on his site that can be checked out
and his would be 100 % correct
I have not collected Non -Prussian helmets
since 1998
but I think that I am correct

Steve

b.loree said:
Yes it is saying that the Hessen kokarde is "officer", it has the M15 size hole so if it is officer it would be for an M15 style off helme with side posts. In my opinion, this is an M15 JR 115 which was missing its M15 spike and someone just put an M15 arty top on it. This would be easy to do. Finding an M15 spike would be easy but you would have to try and match the paint on the original fittings and you would have to check to see if your "new top" fit the M15 base. As usual, that top fitting for the spike is not "standardized" most will fit, but some will not and others have a loose fit. This is a cool helmet though, with correct markings and a minor spike problem. An extra 25% though added to all winning bids. :(
Pickelhaube.....please let us know how the auction goes. :)

Brian, I do not know of any record that the JR115 helmet was ever produced in M15 version, with gray fittings (ditto for IR109). If anyone can prove me wrong I will be happy to learn something. Therefore this one should be an artisanal wartime production. The atypical colour, plus the unexpected artillery ball... it may take some time before you convince yourself that you have purchased the genuine thing! But why not?... I am open minded.

Bruno ;
James needs a Hessian I R 115 e m plate for a helmet
that is otherwise correct .
What I was trying to say to him
If the plate is painted and the helmet is not correct
if he could buy it at the right price
it might be worth it to him .
There are a lot of loose plates in that collection
but no I R 115

I tent to agree with you about the I R 115 and Baden 109
never seen in Feldgrau
I have asked a collector friend in Belgium
about those plates also including G R 1 ; G R 4 ;G R 7 and G R 9
he has not ever seen them
and he has a great Feldgrau collection
including L K R 1 ; K R 2 and Saxon G R or Karb
and I R 92 with Totenkopft among many others .

Steve

http://www.pickelhauben.net/articles/M15%20Steel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great reminder
I need seen it years ago
but had forgot
Thanks
I knew Lector Orrick when he was collecting .
He was the King of Hessian helmets
Steve

Interesting Joe .
It has been some years .
I bought my first Imperial German Regiment flag
from Stephen Wolfe .
Stephen did not want to ship the flag , so I had
to fly out to Calif. to pick it up .
Lector picked me up at the airport
drove me around .
Picked up the flag
we went to visit Walter Hartmann and Doctor Meyers .
I stayed with Lector at his house
and he took me back to the airport
I have photos of Lector's helmet collection
which was a really nice one .
He had a great collection of helmet front plates .
I was shooting 35 mm color slides at that time
I need to get them made into prints .

I was told by the Collector from Sweden Jarl
Hartze that when Lector sold out his collection
he threw all the cash on the bed and he and his
stripped down and did a dance .
That's the story I heard .
Next time you are in contact with Lector
tell him that I said hello
Steve

Hello

I will be at this auction even if I think I will try to auction only on the Uberzuge.
S Dekerle is a well known collector in France. He sells its whole collection. With the reputation of the seller and the heavy advertising, I am afraid the prices will be crazy (don't forget that there are 20 % fees more on the final price) but we will see.
Some pieces are very scare but as always, it is necessary to see the helmets before...

I like that G R 7 enlisted reserve helmet
IF it is correct .Hard to tell from the photos
I would not take a chance sight un-seen
That's me .
Steve

They have 2 Wurt Shako front plates up for auction.

Is this a mail order auction house or do you need to be there in person.

I am REALLY INTERESTED in some of the lots.

I truly would like to bid on some of the lots.

Back