Not German, but I think a WWII US Child's Helmet

poniatowski

Hi all,
I found this one years ago at a thrift store and thought it was interesting, having a good cross section of US 'doughboy' steel and plastic children's play helmets. This one is paper maché that was pressed into a mold, then painted, lacquered and the decal applied. I've never seen another like it and thought it would be of huge interest to toy helmet collectors as I thin out my collection. However, nobody has even bid on it during two week-long auctions. I guess this one will be staying in my collection!

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 4
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 4
Here's the link. Sadly, I can only ship to the US, so that probably limits things quite a bit. The problem is that for international auctions, ebay sometimes wants to charge ME for shipping, and it all ends up being a huge mess, which I just don't want to deal with anymore. My ebay name is Tanker--1 (two dashes)

I have seen these places, I know nothing about them, and I never had any interest in them. Funny to see one here. I am sure someone spent some good times wearing that helmet though, I know I would have.

Back