Our Fearless Leader is injured

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
Our leader Brian Loree has broken his hip in a Freakish Pickleball accident, he is now recovering from replacement surgery in Florida!

His story is that it was an Olympic caliber game he was playing when it happened! Caron says he tripped on his own shoelaces, the truth may never be known?

Please wish Brian a speedy recovery!!!!

All kidding aside Brian, all the best and get well soon!

James

Last edited by a moderator:
Our leader Brian Loree has broken his hip in a Freakish Pickleball accident, he is now recovering from replacement surgery in Florida!

His story is it was a Olympic caliber game he was playing when it happened! Caron says he tripped on his own shoelaces, the truth may never be known?

Please wish Brian a speedy recovery!!!!

All kidding aside Brian, all the best and get well soon!

James

So sorry to read this. Do you know where in Florida, James? I could have recommended orthopaedic surgeons. I am sure he was well taken care of though. Please pass my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

That really sucks Brian. Hope they fix you up enough to get you to the Show of Shows.

Get well soon! There are pickelhaubes that depend on you.

Peter

So sorry to read this. Do you know where in Florida, James? I could have recommended orthopaedic surgeons. I am sure he was well taken care of though. Please pass my best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Bruno, he is in Panama City, Florida!

James

Thanks Bruno, good to know that someone takes this seriously 😊 Surgery was done yesterday by Dr. Mitchell here at BayMedical. The worst is over and I should be back in the condo by Thursday, then follow up with Physiotherapy. The hospital and staff here are excellent! I was skipping the SOS this year Pete due to covid concerns. However, I will be there next year.

Brian, I hope things will work out fine with your recovery. Breaking a hip is something people of our age can get fairly easily, (I am approaching 60 too). I wish you all the best, and hope the surgery works out okay for you my friend. Take care, and if you are getting better, do not rush things.
All the best, Coert.

My thanks to everyone! I turned 70 last May. No health issues at all so far, this was the first time I had ever been in hospital. There is talk of sending me back to the condo tomorrow. 😊

Hey Brian,
Sorry to hear about your accident.
Being in Panama City to recover is probably not so bad.
We have been going there for a few years now during summer.
Hopefully your not in too much pain.
Take care

Back