Patriotic armband, bracelet.

coert65

This is on his way to me, to accompany my patriottic collection of military related ww1 German items.
I just couldn't resist it. A souvenir of the early battles at Ypres, and sent to a soldiers brother/sister, as seen in the engraving on the bracelet.
$_86.jpg
$_86 (1).jpg
$_86 (26).jpg
$_86 (30).jpg
$_86 (31).jpg
$_86 (32).jpg
I hope you all enjoy the pictures.

Have a nice sunday,
Regards, Coert.

Really nice Coert. I think these kind of items are really great.

I couldn't resist this one.

Also a picture in my ever evolving WWI German display. 28 Regt epaulettes are repros but tie in with my Ehrenbreitstein 28 Regt monument postcard and my first Pickelhaube from the same regiment (not pictured here).

Peter

Attachments

• Iron Cross Tin.jpg
    Iron Cross Tin.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1334.jpeg
    IMG_1334.jpeg
    490.3 KB · Views: 15
Thank's Peter!

For me, these kind of items speak a lot to me. They tell tales of the guy's who went through all this.
I like your display, need to find a way of how to display them myself too, now all my feldpostcards, medals and other things are still in a period correct tin, which I posted here before.

Have a nice sunday!

Coert,
You have found an excellent addition to your patriotic collection. I wonder if this was a remembrance bracelet for a fallen soldier that a family member gave to a sister by a parent. A friend of mine, who owned a shop in W. Berlin's Nollendorfplatz Flohmarkt during the 1980s, told me mothers, wives, and daughters wore these bracelets to remember soldiers and sailors who fell in the war.
Best regards,
John

Coert,
You have found an excellent addition to your patriotic collection. I wonder if this was a remembrance bracelet for a fallen soldier that a family member gave to a sister by a parent. A friend of mine, who owned a shop in W. Berlin's Nollendorfplatz Flohmarkt during the 1980s, told me mothers, wives, and daughters wore these bracelets to remember soldiers and sailors who fell in the war.
Best regards,
John
I'm pretty sure that this special item was for a soldier, who faught in ww1, looks like a jewelry for a proud veteran. The engraving means „Rememberance to the Word-War 1914/15“. Because the remembrance is only up to 1915, I think that he has fought in this period or it was a gift to a comrade who has fought together with the giver.
There were also souvenir jewelry for fallen family members, but I guess these would have an engraved name.

Thanks for the extra info about bracelets like these John and Sandy!
Again I learned something new on this forum.

Regards, Coert.

No matter it's purpose, it is a very nice WW1 collectible and an excellent addition to your collection. Congratulations! Like James and others, I am always looking for the WW1 Patriotic rings in silver. I wear one all the time, it is dated 1914-16.

I have had quite a few different WW1 German Patriotic pins, badges, beer steins, etc. All of them had Iron Cross themes, but I steered away from the bracelets based on my friend Rudi's identification of their worn by widows. However, they are fine-looking for sure, and Coert's is an excellent example.

Yes the idea that a grieving mother, father or other relative wore the bracelet in remembrance is something to think about.

I do still believe that by preserving and displaying these items we are helping keep the memories alive.

My first pickelhaube is named and I think by keeping it in good condition, displaying it and talking about Musketier Anton Jansen I from Monchengladbach, who served in the 28th Regiment based in Koblenz, I am doing him and his family a service. Given the age of our items all those who owned them have passed on. Better we take care of them than they end up moldering in a museum store room or worse yet in a landfill.

Latest picture of my WWI "items" shelf below.

PeterIMG_2006.jpeg

You are thinking exactly as me Peter. This is a way of keeping the memory of people who are no longer here, alive.
I have a large collection of feldpostkarten too, some of them with really moving messages of parents to their son, fighting in Belgium or France, wishing them a merry Christmas or new year...
I recieved the bracelet yesterday, it is really beautiful. I do have a displaybox, which I will probably use to show my medals, and feldpostkarten, along with the bracelet. I will also put the only surviving photo of my great grandfather in in, it is a photo, taken in 1943, showing him while visiting his son, in the Netherlands, who was celebrating the birth of his daughter, that daughter was my mother. He survived ww1, and is seen wearing the ribbon of the iron cross second-class.
He was a lucky guy, to have survived the ravages of war. Many did not.

Has anybody seen the update message from kpemig this afternoon?
Starting at 18:00 CET he is selling some nice bracelets, similar to mine.
In fact he is selling a lot of nice WW1 german military items this evening.
1629299942186.png
Some of the bracelets are quite similar to my bracelet.

Has anybody seen the update message from kpemig this afternoon?
Starting at 18:00 CET he is selling some nice bracelets, similar to mine.
In fact he is selling a lot of nice WW1 german military items this evening.
View attachment 16494
Some of the bracelets are quite similar to my bracelet.
Thanks for that. Is it a timed auction? I see his website is down for maintenance right now.

Peter

Thanks for that. Is it a timed auction? I see his website is down for maintenance right now.

Peter
Peter,
Correct, his website is usually under maintenance on Wednesday, he is updating his website. I have got an email showing the preview for this evening. As I subscribed to his site, as a customer.
But it is not an auction, just an update of the newest things he is selling on his site. I check his updates every wednesday.
I have recieved a couple of photo's, showing a lot of nice ww1 items.
By the way, I have no connection whatsoever with him.
But if I were you, check his site sometime after 18:00 cet. Some things sell really fast, and some don't.
Also some Pickelhaube parts are new. And he does send to the US or UK.

Regards, Coert.

Back