Photos SOS 2024 B Loree

James, that’s a sweet helmet! Is it marked JP8 on the back brim?
Dennis
Hi Dennis,
I recognize that Helmet as one recently sold, you are 100% correct. Amy got the jump on me and everyone else on that one, Congratulations are in order to her. (y)

What's new right? you have to click fast and carry a big wallet or in this case make that a purse. ;) I'm sure Amy is having a lot of fun and won't mind me showing the markings of that Helmet. Regards John Josef

jzp10.jpg

The dealer who owns the field gray hussar also has a field gray general staff officer. Am I correct? Who is the dealer? Maybe someone can publish the address? If the condition is good.

I
Hi Dennis,
I recognize that Helmet as one recently sold, you are 100% correct. Amy got the jump on me and everyone else on that one, Congratulations are in order to her. (y)

What's new right? you have to click fast and carry a big wallet or in this case make that a purse. ;) I'm sure Amy is having a lot of fun and won't mind me showing the markings of that Helmet. Regards John Josef

View attachment 42564
I appreciate your help to show the marking. Thanks John. Yes have some fun but the jetlag for me is no joke. I am always sleepy lol

James, that’s a sweet helmet! Is it marked JP8 on the back brim?
Dennis
Dennis
Did you get that helmet from me ?
I owned one years ago
it is the only one that I have seen in person
I wonder if it is the same one ?
Steve

I believe you are correct Steve, the seller with the Hessen boards was German. Unfortunately, I was low on cash by the end of the Show and did not buy the Arty 25 even though, I do have the matching helmet. :(

Some additional pictures from the SOS:
IMG_2284 2.jpeg
One of Amy's super rare purchases!
IMG_2285.jpeg
I have only held one of these in hand once before! That tschapka was not in as great shape as this piece.
IMG_2287.jpeg
UR 11.
IMG_2338 3.jpeg
I picked up 3 M95 feld artillery kugel helme to restore at the Show! :)
IMG_2339.jpeg
I brought a few other pieces to sell as well.
IMG_2340.jpeg
IMG_2330 4.jpeg
A rare table full of brass bugles! I doubt any member has witnessed such a bevy of bugles! :)
IMG_2329 4.jpeg
IMG_2343 2.jpeg
Hussar tunic and britches!

I believe you are correct Steve, the seller with the Hessen boards was German. Unfortunately, I was low on cash by the end of the Show and did not buy the Arty 25 even though, I do have the matching helmet. :(
Brian
I can supply you with his email address later on if you want me to
I know him well for many years
I bought my Kaiser Prize collection from him
Steve

Reactions: USN
I can only guess , but with all of the Hessian shoulder straps
I think it is the collector from Germany , Wilhelm S.
but that is a very good guess
Steve
Steve; Could you also give me the German dealer with the shoulder straps? I’m interested in the 23rd,24th Dragoon straps as well as the 25th artillery straps, if they still might be available! Cheers. Dick

I

I appreciate your help to show the marking. Thanks John. Yes have some fun but the jetlag for me is no joke. I am always sleepy lol

No problem my pleasure, you must be suffering from jetlag I've never seen anyone fall asleep while holding a tschapka before. ;)

No time for sleep now though, you've got time for a few more rounds at the show. Hopefully you will have a pleasant turbulence free flight home with plenty of time for a nice nap. (y)(y)

No problem my pleasure, you must be suffering from jetlag I've never seen anyone fall asleep while holding a tschapka before. ;)

No time for sleep now though, you've got time for a few more rounds at the show. Hopefully you will have a pleasant turbulence free flight home with plenty of time for a nice nap. (y)(y)
Lol yes that pic shd be one of the better pic that Brian took photo of. To prevent myself from getting sleepy,I constantly walk around. Then I bought a garde hussar at AOK stand, pay the price and left the hussar sitting on the floor. Only realised it at the end of day. Emailed Remy and he found it and kept it for me. That was how sleepy I was lol

Steve; Could you also give me the German dealer with the shoulder straps? I’m interested in the 23rd,24th Dragoon straps as well as the 25th artillery straps, if they still might be available! Cheers. Dick
Dick
The best way for me to handle this
is to first ask him if that is O K
He is a private collector and not a dealer
his sales are only duplicates from his private collection
He is in Germany and was able to buy up several large collections
I think that he has thousands of shoulder straps
There has been talk of him doing a book
we will see
stand by and give me some time
Steve

Lol yes that pic shd be one of the better pic that Brian took photo of. To prevent myself from getting sleepy,I constantly walk around. Then I bought a garde hussar at AOK stand, pay the price and left the hussar sitting on the floor. Only realised it at the end of day. Emailed Remy and he found it and kept it for me. That was how sleepy I was lol
Smart and lucky !
Steve

Back