Pickelhauben Regimental Markings

b.loree said:
16 th Infantry Regt 1st Battalion. You should be able to tell whether it is Prussian or Bavarian by the wappen holes. Bavarian are closer together. Converted to a fireman helme????
yes it is a fire helmet. I bring him back in a combat Pickelhaube

Quick little bit of help. I think I have caught up with all marks after our long cruise. If I have missed one or more please let me know. This is our list and I'm just trying to keep it current. It it to some collectors. Contrary to the opinion of at least one of the members, I am trying neither to infringe copyright nor make money. It's just a list of markings. Let me know if you have something I have not added to any of the three lists. Also let me know if your name has been excluded inadvertently from the contributors list. Thank you.

I added a very nice mark from a contributor last night. The only way to grow the list is by people contributing marks. Please give some consideration to this effort. If you have something that is not listed please offer to contribute the picture.

Quick little bit of help. I think I have caught up with all marks after our long cruise. If I have missed one or more please let me know. This is our list and I'm just trying to keep it current. It is useful to some collectors. Contrary to the opinion of at least one of the members, I am trying neither to infringe copyright nor make money. It's just a list of markings. Let me know if you have something I have not added to any of the three lists. Also let me know if your name has been excluded inadvertently from the contributors list. Thank you.

Cap56.jpg

I am sure this is posted elsewhere but makes some interesting viewing of plates :cry:

Yes, we do have it but I never tire of looking at all of those pickelhauben!!! :thumb up:

Sergei1877 said:
b.loree said:
16 th Infantry Regt 1st Battalion. You should be able to tell whether it is Prussian or Bavarian by the wappen holes. Bavarian are closer together. Converted to a fireman helme????
yes it is a fire helmet. I bring him back in a combat Pickelhaube

I don't know if you've converted this back yet, but another idea is to get the former military hardware (which wouldn't be original to the helmet) and display it with the fire helmet, to show the conversion / reuse of military gear by civilian organizations.

:D Ron

That is a very cool marking Joe, I have never seen one like it. Sanitats, perhaps, the ones with the "S" on their shoulder boards? I am sure that I have spelt this wrong. Sanitary in English.

Well perhaps one of our members can provide the definitive answer. I have no knowledge of their organization, I have seen a couple of their "boards" when visiting Tony.

Need some help here. I am in my condo and away from my files. It has been suggested that this might be 61 Landsturm Bn Strasburg. Could somebody with Busche please take a look at this?

I do not think is is landsturm
If it were it schould be marked as
Ldst.
LST.R.
the marking that i have found that is written the same way of in the helmet is
St.S.B. but it has nothing to do with the helmet because it means =stamm seebatallion
Have been looking in a other book of mine
I have found another marking that is quite similar St=strafanstalten

It is just a bit guessing if I am fully corect i leave that in the middle

Jonas

Thanks Jonas, can you translate to English...stamm seebattalion and strafanstalten?? If not then perhaps another member......?

Oops forgot to translate it

Strafanstalten means penal institution or jail
Stamm seebataillon means in witch harbor or place the batallion was rased

Jonas

Hey Guys,

I got in a salty Arty with rounded chinscales with NCO cocardes . It has the standard non removable spike and NO NCO PEARLS .

It has markings that I would like to find out what Regiment it is from.

It looks like-211 3rB with a 12 or 42 and the date 1903.

The marking are sharp but hard to make out if that makes since .

Thanks for any info.

Ok, with those convex chin scales, we are talking Feld Artillery. However, you state that it has a spike, which is it kugel or spike? 3rB I feel means 3rd Battery. The year 1903 tells us this was a pe war helmet, so I would look at the prewar list of Feld Arty Regts and see which matches the other markings on this helmet. The spine should also be non vented.

This stamp is from a Model 1857/60:

0wnzDkh.jpg

"MFR 36"; Füsilier-Regiment. General-Feldmarschall Graf Blumenthal (1.Magdeburgisches) Nr.36
(Halle, Bernburg) IV Armee Korps. This Regiment was formed on 13 December 1815.

The stamp is hard pressed into the dome of the shell.

John :)

Back