Pictures SOS 2019

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
My series of pictures taken at this years SOS.
IMG_0161-L.jpg

Tony Cowan's table.
IMG_0162-L.jpg

A nice Bavarian but no silk liner.
IMG_0163-L.jpg

A unique colonial See Battalion Shako very light weight.
IMG_0164-L.jpg

Excellent liner.
IMG_0165-L.jpg

Tony Cowan
IMG_0167-L.jpg

IMG_0169-L.jpg

Col. Joe Robinson at our tables.
IMG_0170-L.jpg

Some wappen being sold by James Le Brasseur
IMG_0172-L.jpg

IMG_0173-L.jpg

Amy Bellars who bought the most helmets at the show! :)
IMG_0174-L.jpg

One of the helmets Amy bought.
IMG_0175-L.jpg

Alan Schaeffer after I returned I returned his restitched Saxe helmet. James on his cell.
IMG_0177-L.jpg

IMG_0178-L.jpg

Repro Saxe tschapka.
IMG_0179-L.jpg

IMG_0181-L.jpg

Ultra rare and unique Bavarian officer helme made from aluminum! Case included. Price $3,400 US
IMG_0182-L.jpg

Interior, missing paint reals the aluminum. I never knew these helmets existed.
IMG_0183-L.jpg

IMG_0184-L.jpg

The same German dealer had these for sale.
IMG_0185-L.jpg

Jerry Rehr with JzP helmet with incorrect wappen.
IMG_0186-L.jpg

Older style Kurassier lacking a liner. Price, $975.00 US
IMG_0187-L.jpg

Uberzug 49th Artillery.
IMG_0193-L.jpg

Regimentals offering from the UK.
IMG_0194-L.jpg

Helmets offered by a German dealer who is always at the SOS.
IMG_0195-L.jpg

IMG_0196-L.jpg

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing them Brian!
Next year I must get my sorry ass overthere to join you all! :thumb up:

Forum member Badener with his superbe Dragoner helmet purchase.
IMG_0197-L.jpg

An ersatz felt with a surprise.
IMG_0199-L.jpg

IMG_0198-L.jpg

Unfortunately, no liner and a significant tear.
IMG_0201-L.jpg

A closer look at the ersatz spine with 2 ventilation holes. I never knew anything like this existed!
IMG_0202-L.jpg

IMG_0203-L.jpg

Another unique find....markings on a Prussian M15 helmet. We need a translation from someone.
IMG_0204-L.jpg

That bavarian aluminium officer has a fake liner. With the dealer who is from Europe and a fake liner, I have my doubts over the authenticity of the whole helmet. Not difficult to produce one which may cost him few hundred dollars, but an original case and put it up at $3000+.

There's also a regiment 22 fake ersatz at the show.

I found the prices were very negotiable, but indeed there were a lot of parts helmets. Brian's photo of the "The Older style Kurassier lacking a liner" ended up in my collection for way less than the listed price of $975.00 US. The seller was a collector who was downsizing and wanted it to go to another collector. Aside from the missing liner it is in very nice condition. Btw it is marked KR 4.

richesz28 said:
I found the prices were very negotiable, but indeed there were a lot of parts helmets. Brian's photo of the "The Older style Kurassier lacking a liner" ended up in my collection for way less than the listed price of $975.00 US. The seller was a collector who was downsizing and wanted it to go to another collector. Aside from the missing liner it is in very nice condition. Btw it is marked KR 4.

That was indeed a bargain if you can live with no liner. Are you going to try to locate a correct Kürassier eagle Wappen for it? Presently it has an 1871 pattern Foot Troops eagle.

Great items! Congrats on that M1860 artillery piece Amy. Is it dated and unit marked? Certainly would have been one I would have grabbed.

Now that I see all the photos, I recognize some of you and a few came by my tables. The only non-WWII items I had were some WWI helmets.

I was able to grab this M1860 Line Infantry Officers Pickelhaube from Tony C. The officer wore a "Lippe Detmold" cockade. No motto on the Wappen. Some early boards from an old collection as well.

Picked up a few other items as well, to include a Garde Jäger NCO tunic I have admired for several years.

Hi willi
I don't remember any markings on the helmet. It has a liner rough though but the price was good. Dealers are open to negotiation and accept credit cards at requests.
The helmets have been all boxed up and sent back to Singapore via usps. The shipper at the showground wanted $5000 for the four boxes to be shipped back to Singapore and same four boxes cost me $600 to ship from usps postal service.

Hi willi
I don't remember any markings on the helmet. It has a liner rough though but the price was good. Dealers are open to negotiation and accept credit cards at requests.
The helmets have been all boxed up and sent back to Singapore via usps. The shipper at the showground wanted $5000 for the four boxes to be shipped back to Singapore and same four boxes cost me $600 to ship from usps postal service.

Amybellars said:

Incredible!
It happened to me too.
Had a valuable item, as big as a postcard, that had to be send from Belgium to a auctioneer near Cape Cod.
The auctioneer and myself contacted several specialized shippers, going from 2500 to 5000 euro.
Handling it my self and with the help of the auctioneer across the pound, it went with UPS for 500 euro.

That really worries me. I have a rather huge painting coming from Germany. I seriously do not want to see a €5000 bill from slipping. Go to sleep

festwagner said:
I wonder what is the regimental marking LJAB VIII 41. Landsturm ?

So do I. I love this kind of clues!

I may think this is :

Landsturm-Infanterie-Ausbildungs-Bataillon Mönchen-Gladbach (VIII.41)

This is a scarce exemple that we must add in Joe´s markings list!!!

Philippe
:wink:

b.loree said:
Alan's JR 153:
IMG_0208-L.jpg

Excellent markings from a DR 18 Meck helme.
IMG_0209-L.jpg

This JR153 M15 is simply fantastic! Do you have more picts of it?

The same for the DR18. I would like to see more :!:

Philippe

Back