Please rate the originality.

Original pieces, I don't see any connection to St. Mihiel. The red stripe on the sleeve signifies that the wearer has been discharged from the Army. If you look on US ebay in the US WW1 section you will see many uniforms. You can learn a lot just by looking there. Run any prospective purchase by the forum. I have fairly extensive experience with these. There is also the US Militaria Forum, which has a section devoted to WW1 and has a wealth of knowledge.

Steve

Last edited:
Original pieces, I don't see any connection to St. Mihiel. The red stripe on the sleeve signifies that the wearer has been discharged from the Army. If you look on US ebay in the US WW1 section you will see many uniforms. You can learn a lot just by looking there. Run any prospective purchase by the forum. I have fairly extensive experience with these. There is also the US Militaria Forum, which has a section devoted to WW1 and has a wealth of knowledge.

Steve
Thank you Steve for your valuable information.After purchasing the uniform I wrote to the French seller where the item came from and where it was found? He wrote back to me that the items came from the village of Meuse (région de St Mihiel) in France.It is difficult for me to judge if this is true.Thanks again and best regards.

That is a correct private purchase French made sidecap. Looks a little thin on the outside but the inside looks brand new.

Back