Prussian officer Pickelhaube for opinion

Green

Hello,

My first steps on this forum and hope the pictures will appear. This is my new (second) Pickelhaube and I like to hear your opinions about it? Sorry about the quality of the pictures but I hope this will do.

Cheers, Green

Leone said:
Nice officer pickelhaube with EM cockardes? :-k

Yes, I know about the cocardes.........I don´t know why? The price was also there to. But I hope they are original so I can sell them or trade them for officer cocardes.

Cheers, Green

Nice helmet but i guess that the cocades are not originals
The white looks to mutch white for me but could be wrong

Jonas

I added two more pictures of the cocades!

Do you know wich cocades are the right ones for this Pickelhaube?

Cheers, Henk

Looks like somebody bought, but never used it. If I were you, I'd look for the officer cockades and keep the EM, even if they're repros. They come in handy.

Welcome to the Forum!

Ron

Maybe you are right and is it better to keep the cockades...you never know!

If you have spare parts ,no matter what they are ,always keep those
You wil aventualley need those

Jonas

Looks ok to me except for the cockades as already mentioned by other forum members :D

Best regards,

Edwin

Hello Henk, welcome to the forum. Regarding your photos, I have fixed them so that they now are shown on the forum. The only correction, needed was to remove

b.loree said:
Hello Henk, welcome to the forum. Regarding your photos, I have fixed them so that they now are shown on the forum. The only correction, needed was to remove from in front of the picture code and at the end of the code. The code must always begin and end with [Url]. You posted the code from Photobucket correctly just remove the [Img]. More importantly, that is a great helmet which just needs officer kokarden, excellent condition.[/quote]

Thanks, for the fix and your opinion...... much appreciate :thumb up:

Cheers Henk

I have a Field Artillery OYV with Officer furniture, EM Kockarden and round topped fasteners for the Kugel. It has an owner's label in it that clearly identifies it as a OYV,
Jim

joerookery said:
aicusv said:
Would a OYV with enlisted cockades have the star pin on the spike bass?

Yes I have photos of every different kind of imaginable combinations.

That's surprising - I would have thought that the German Officer Class would have been to protective to allow that.

Back