Prussian Pioneer

Clariification. Like always Joe.

Thanks Tony. But as you well know I have a great knack for really confusing the issue. I might understand it or maybe not so much but I certainly have a harder time explaining it. God bless.

Yes, thank you Joe! Am I correct that the star studs would be gilt / gold? I have a book from Germany that states they were so, but it was wrong on an Uhlan helmet, so I'm not sure.

Eric, what kind of liner is in this one?

:D Ron

This is a huge subject and one which there is not a lot of information on. Years ago Randy T sent me photo copies of a book chapter strictly on these administrative helmets. Unfortunately for me, its in German but there are diagrams of the different admin helmets and those of the different states. Randy did do some translation of the captions and text for me and I will try and add to this discussion in future.

Indeed, we have discussed the Beamte issue many times in the past. Here's the thread where we talked about the date past which having a 'little birdie' became mandatory (AKO of 15/5/1905):
http://www.pickelhaubes.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6043&hilit=+beamte" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Everyone,

Thanks tons for helping me correctly indentify this helmet. I would hate to keep calling it a pioneer with silver chin scales ](*,)
There is so much I still have to learn, and I appreciate all the great feedback from you all.

Ron, I just returned from leave and am TDY again, but will take pictures of the back of the eagle and of the interior/liner this weekend when I get home. :)

thanks

Back