Reproduction Officer Stars

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
I had a local jeweller make these up for me using an original back in the 1980's. They are excellent quality...$25US per set of four plus exact postage to your location.
IMG_1474-XL.jpg

IMG_1475-XL.jpg

IMG_1476-XL.jpg

IMG_1477-XL.jpg

Brian:

Those are extremely well made and a very good price if you're aware of the cost of originals.

Thanks Steve, yes I am aware of the cost of originals :) I used to think dealers would remove at least one star off each helmet before selling, as back in the day so often there would be one missing. :( Glad you like these :thumb up:

Regarding these stars everyone, I am basically sold out as I only had 4 sets available...one set left. I have over 300 stars but no square nuts to complete them :( However, Amy has come to the rescue and is going to place an order for me for 300 nuts out of Singapore! This is why I have been sitting on these since the mid 80’s, I could never find the proper nuts. This process could take 6 weeks due to the mail situation. So I can take orders, but there will be a delay unfortunately. My thanks to Amy for solving my problem, I would have had to have these buried with me otherwise! :thumb up:

300 nuts out of Singapore!

I've been making my own out of Brass. Needless to say, a labourious process cutting them out, drilling and threading. With access to the proper equipment and bar stock 300 pieces would likely take about 20 minutes.

b.loree said:
Regarding these stars everyone, I am basically sold out as I only had 4 sets available...one set left. I have over 300 stars but no square nuts to complete them :( However, Amy has come to the rescue and is going to place an order for me for 300 nuts out of Singapore! This is why I have been sitting on these since the mid 80’s, I could never find the proper nuts. This process could take 6 weeks due to the mail situation. So I can take orders, but there will be a delay unfortunately. My thanks to Amy for solving my problem, I would have had to have these buried with me otherwise! :thumb up:

Those nuts are out of China. They made everything and anything but glad they haven't taken an interest in Pickelhaubes, else they will try to make everything the same.

Look at those A grade Rolex and A grade Hermes bags, they are really really top grade. So I know they can make top grade pickelhaubes if they study every single details.

There's a guy at the SOS by the name of Sunny (middle of the hall), he has parts made in China but still not in good details. His stands usually stretch over few tables, I wonder how many people buy his stuffs??

Original at $25 a set?? Ha ha, I would buy up all 300 sets..

At $25,that is the price of 2 original nuts.

Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of industrial threads/measurements. I do know my shoe and hat size though! :). However, years ago, I thought of solving my problem by using brass stock to make my own square nuts, a very laborious process especially when you have absolutely no metalworking skills. Subsequently, I went to my local industrial supplier had them look at the star threading and they sold me an "HSS m Tap Plug 5-40. I used this on the recent Singapore nuts to make them thread on the star posts. This works well but again involves some work...no big deal. Hopefully R, this answers your question. The code on the tap shank reads: 5-40 NC GH2 HSS USA 142313

I would like to have a set of these when the nuts from Amy arrived at your place Brian. :)
I have an Prussian Infantry officer helmet here with awful reproduction stars, and small 6 sided nuts.
If the nuts arrive at your place, let me know and I will order a set of them. The stars, complete wth the square nuts.

Have a nice sunday everybody!

Greetings, Coert. :thumb up:

I don't have any metalworking skill so I buy the different thread size.

These China manufacturers have different thread sizes, so I tend to buy an assortment of them.

Attachments

• 20200831_090619_resized.jpg
    20200831_090619_resized.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 2,154
Brian that's fine. I was just wondering if we could use the nuts for other things. BTW I'm surprised that there hasn't been more about, "300 nuts out of Singapore! ". For me, being nuts is the only thing that keeps me from going crazy.

Brian: had several issues trying to post here. even this post is because my other post was doubled and I couldn't delete it. Also the Smilies wouldn't post correctly.

aicusv said:
Brian that's fine. I was just wondering if we could use the nuts for other things. BTW I'm surprised that there hasn't been more about, "300 nuts out of Singapore! ". For me, being nuts is the only thing that keeps me from going crazy.

LOL 8-[ Oh, I got the meaning now ...sorry am slow with it.

But these NUTS come from China and only transit through Singapore, so I am not a NUT though I am a Singaporean :D :D

I am "nuts " in Barrie with covid threatening my life and those that I love as I am sure that we all are here. My great concern, is for my many US friends/ customers who are also going through this where it has become part of an election. Obviously, I was taken up with the idea in my 30's that I could make some money through "repro stars" that could feed my collecting habit, that was the entire motivation....feeding the haubeitis habit. :) There was a custom jeweller in town who I approached with this project and they agreed providing that I bought 300 of the brass stars. So I went for it...pretty silly really, so my thanks to the several members who have requested some sets, a young man's folly but they do have the custom quality of 30+ years ago. Before some of our members graced this earth!

I could need some nuts too.
I don't mind buying stars as well. But would it be possible to ad additional nuts too?

Back