SAD NEWS

NON YX

It is with great sadness that we announce that our dear friend Konstantin Nikolaev passed away after a long illness on 12 November 2023. We are devastated by his loss and will miss him deeply.

Konstantin Nikolaev was a keen collector and researcher, writer and publicist, moderaKonstantin Nikolaev was a keen collector and researcher, writer and publicist, moderator of a huge number of various sections on collectors' forums. He had a wealth of knowledge on history. I'm not sure how many people know him and his writings, but in the short time I knew him, he enthusiastically helped me a lot, especially with some research on the Iron Cross. With the permission of his friends, I edited this post.

In Russia, he was known as one of the most authoritative researchers on the White Army, the Free Corps, the Iron Cross, the Order of Tamara, and the Gallipoli Star. In the last fourteen years, he had published a very large number of books (in total of 39 volumes).

«Германские знаки за ранения версии 1939 года. Начало: тип «Кондор», «Железный крест версии 1870 года», «Силезский орёл и другие награды Германских Добровольческих формирований Верхней Силезии 1918-1921 гг», «Знаки за ранения для военнослужащих Военно-морского флота версии 1918 года», «Награды для германских добровольцев за Испанию», «Железный крест 1-го класса версии 1914 года», «Кресты за военные заслуги 1-го класса», «Награды Западной Добровольческой армии», «Награды германским и польским участникам боевых действий в Верхней Силезии в 1918-1921 гг.», «Награды русских коллаборационистов Второй мировой», «Награды атамана Семёнова», «Награды для Восточных народов», «Знак отличия Военного Ордена «За Великий Сибирский поход», «Награды Северо-Западной армии», «Галлиполийская звезда», «Железный крест 1-го класса версии 1939 года второго типа», «Памятные знаки Грузинского Легиона и Ордена святой Тамары», «Награды С.Н. Булак-Балаховича. Мифы и реальность», «Имперский знак подводника», «Награды Балтийского Ландесвера», «Чёрные ранения. Стандарт 1940 года» и др.

I mourn the loss of this friend.
M$T_@5UOJFP2Y0}%$81WAPF.jpg
QS4A%]HLB7N[I}@AXUOAU0U.JPGSC1OWW0%NQA2)~MRIHFA021.JPG

I'm not familiar with the man or his work, but he sure sounds like a fantastic guy.

My deepest condolences to his family and close friends.

It is with great sadness that we announce that our dear friend Konstantin Nikolaev passed away after a long illness on 12 November 2023. We are devastated by his loss and will miss him deeply.

Konstantin Nikolaev was a keen collector and researcher, writer and publicist, moderaKonstantin Nikolaev was a keen collector and researcher, writer and publicist, moderator of a huge number of various sections on collectors' forums. He had a wealth of knowledge on history. I'm not sure how many people know him and his writings, but in the short time I knew him, he enthusiastically helped me a lot, especially with some research on the Iron Cross. With the permission of his friends, I edited this post.

In Russia, he was known as one of the most authoritative researchers on the White Army, the Free Corps, the Iron Cross, the Order of Tamara, and the Gallipoli Star. In the last fourteen years, he had published a very large number of books (in total of 39 volumes).

«Германские знаки за ранения версии 1939 года. Начало: тип «Кондор», «Железный крест версии 1870 года», «Силезский орёл и другие награды Германских Добровольческих формирований Верхней Силезии 1918-1921 гг», «Знаки за ранения для военнослужащих Военно-морского флота версии 1918 года», «Награды для германских добровольцев за Испанию», «Железный крест 1-го класса версии 1914 года», «Кресты за военные заслуги 1-го класса», «Награды Западной Добровольческой армии», «Награды германским и польским участникам боевых действий в Верхней Силезии в 1918-1921 гг.», «Награды русских коллаборационистов Второй мировой», «Награды атамана Семёнова», «Награды для Восточных народов», «Знак отличия Военного Ордена «За Великий Сибирский поход», «Награды Северо-Западной армии», «Галлиполийская звезда», «Железный крест 1-го класса версии 1939 года второго типа», «Памятные знаки Грузинского Легиона и Ордена святой Тамары», «Награды С.Н. Булак-Балаховича. Мифы и реальность», «Имперский знак подводника», «Награды Балтийского Ландесвера», «Чёрные ранения. Стандарт 1940 года» и др.

I mourn the loss of this friend.
View attachment 39146
View attachment 39147View attachment 39148
"German Wound Marks 1939 version. Beginning: Condor type", "Iron Cross version 1870", "Silesian Eagle and other awards of the German Volunteer Forces of Upper Silesia 1918-1921", "Wound Badges for Navy personnel version 1918", "Awards for German Volunteers for Spain," "Iron Cross 1st Class of the 1914 version," "Crosses for Military Merit 1st Class," "Awards of the Western Volunteer Army," "Awards to German and Polish participants in the fighting in Upper Silesia in 1918-1921," "Awards to German and Polish participants in the fighting in Upper Silesia in 1918-1921. ", "Awards of Russian collaborators of the Second World War", "Awards of Ataman Semenov", "Awards for the Eastern Nations", "Insignia of the Military Order "For the Great Siberian Campaign", "Awards of the North-Western Army", "Gallipoli Star", "Iron Cross of the 1st class of the 1939 version of the second type", "Commemorative Badges of the Georgian Legion and the Order of St. Tamara", "Awards of S.N. Bulak-Balakhovich. Myths and Reality", "Imperial Badge of the Submariner", "Baltic Landeswehr Awards", "Black Wounds. Standard 1940", etc.

Back