Säkularfahnenband

Sakular Banner Grenadier Regt 5
a second Sakular for G R 5 is different
I am thinking IV Batl ?
SteveView attachment 26302View attachment 26303

The two tapes could be from any of the first 3 battalions.
the difference is due to the time of concession and use of each of them. In the attached table I show the evolution of the tapes as the years passed and the regiment was turning years.
The first was given considering that the regiment had been founded in 1690 but later in the time of William II it was considered that the regiment had been formed in 1689 and the bands were replaced.
Then in 1889 the regiment celebrated its second centenary and the ribbon with commemorative dates was awarded.
As the fourth battalion was formed in 1889, its ribbon will only have the monogram of William II as the king granting this award.

Grenadier-Regt.König Friedrich I (4 Ostpreussisches) Nº 5.jpg
OSTPREUSSISCHES GREN REGIMENT NR 5 FUSILIER BTL 1870.jpgGrenadier-Regt.König Friedrich I (4 Ostpreussisches) Nº 5 10002.jpg

Last edited:
Sakular Banner Grenadier Regt 6
It appears that this is another Sakular Banner that was re-issued with
a different date
SteveSakular G R 6.jpgSakular G R 6  1772.jpg

identical banners received the following regiments:
- Dragoner Regiment Prinz Albrecht von Preussen (Litthausches) Nr. 1
- Kürassier Regiment Graf Wrangel (Ostpreussisches) Nr. 3
- Kürassier Regiment von Driesen (Westsalisches) Nr. 4
- Kürassier Regiment Herzog Friedrich Eugen von Württemberg. (Brandenburb.) No. 5

Colberg Grenadier Regt 9
Sakular Fusilier Batl this is the one with my flag issued 1908 100 years from 1808 Colberg G R 9   I B .jpgColberg G R 9  II B .jpgColberg G R 9  F B .jpgM P and N.jpegM.jpegPrussia  Netherlands.jpegG R 9 flags.jpeg
Colberg I Batl
Colberg II Batl
Colberg Fusilier Batl with my flag , less the bow Sakular G R 9  F B .jpg

Sakular Banner Grenadier Regt 11 / I Batl , this hows what they look like when colored
if one has the talent , and that is not me
G R 11 / II Batl
SteveSakular G R 11  I B .jpgSakular G R 11  II B.jpg

Back