Saxon L G R 100 Officer and Bavarian General

KAGGR#1

Here are my two latest finds .Saxon L G R 100 officer and a Bavarian General which
just arrived this A M . Steve McFarland Latest find X 2.JPG

Attachments

• Saxon L G R 100  officer.JPG
    Saxon L G R 100 officer.JPG
    900.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Bavarian General.JPG
    Bavarian General.JPG
    815 KB · Views: 17
Hi Folks,
Can someone please enlighten me on which General Officers wore silver-colored hardware?
Thanks
John

It is my understanding that Bavarian Generals wore the helmets with silver fittings .
Also the Bavarian Generals helmets in gilt were worn by General Adjutants .
Steve McFarland

Steve is 100% correct, however along with General Adjutants, General Doctors also wore the gilt version.

James

Here were my 2 Bavarian Generals back before 1992 when I went to collect
only Prussian helmets and sold all of my non Prussian helmets .
Steve McFarland Bavarian General X 2.jpeg

Beautiful helmets! I always thought the Bavarian General's helmet is the most aesthetically pleasing of all pickelhauben. But not as nice as your mitres!

Steve

Steve,
Thanks for the information on the hardware. I expected that it might be a Bavarian thing. In the 1980s, when I was stationed in Berlin, a couple of my German friends compared Bavarians to Texans. Each went their own way, be it language, dress, political stances, etc. :)
John

Bonsoir,

Merci pour le partage. Superbe, 👌 👏le général bavarois est exceptionnel.👍
Par contre comme je pourrais le dire dans le post sur la "troupe" LGR 100, avec ses étoiles d'or, il s'agit d'un officier Pioneer. 😉 Cordialement

Thank you .You are correct .I just bought the Saxon helmet which was said to be L G R 100 .
I did not check my reference and in fact with the gold stars that does make it a Saxon Pioneer
officers helmet .Saxon L G R 100 officers should have 4 silver stars .
Steve McFarland

Hi Steve,

These are two absolutely fantastic helmets! Congratulations on your new additions to your collection!

Best Wishes,

Alan

Good evening,

Thank you for sharing. Superb, the Bavarian general is exceptional. 👌 On the other hand as I could say it in the post on the LGR 100 "troop", with its golden stars, it is about a Pioneer officer.😉
cordially

Attachments

• 100 LGR Sax-0ff Soissons20.GIF
    100 LGR Sax-0ff Soissons20.GIF
    115.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back