Seeing Stars.

Mikey old chap....why woryy about whether the kokarden match up?? We all know that these things were lost over the years and replaced by dealers or collectors. Dinnah worry ma wee laddie!! The main thing is that you have a great label on the piece and there are no extra holes behind the wappen. Everything fits nicely so don't sweat it
My policy for officer helmes is different than for OR's. They have no Regt markings. They were put together by the manufacturers as the the order was placed with some "military store". There was no regimental involvement...private purchase.
A perfect example is that Wurtt dragoon/fire officer helme that went through on ebay recently which caused such a furour on the forum. The chin scales were wrong (flat) and it was missing a star. So what....if I had that helmet, on go the proper scales and a star who cares!!!! Unless there are particular characteristics or extra holes involved, (I will not put these in). Then one mans' fire officer helme becomes a Dragoon officer just as would have been done originally by the manuf. It is a matter of fittings put on a shell nothing more. My opinion, Brian

Mike

HOW DARE YOU soil this forum with a silver-fitted saxon officer's helmet with MIS-MATCHED cockades. The NERVE!!! ( E-r-r-r-r..uhm. mine are mis-matched too, so maybe we could do a cockade trade ...)

Dave

Sorry Dave -shocking innit. Seriously - a trade? Which way are yours - which is flat and which is convex? Maybe Bowman is WRONG! and this is the norm? I lay awake at night worrying over this aspect. I,d like a convex pair but then, would'nt we all?

Maybe Bowman is WRONG!
shocking thought, how can you even think this? His books are in writing, for goodness sakes. If you cannot depend upon him as a source who can you trust?

joerookery said:
Where is the moderator when we need him
I have returned from the Mohawk Auction in New York. For the moment, all I have to say is: Pooh! Bah!

Now you know the rest of the story.

Chas.

Hi Dave - it's kind of hard to tell from head on - the Reichs one looks slightly curved to me but the State......? Duur! Maybe ....flat? Thats it then. I need a FLAT Landescockade. Are we in business?

We all know Bowman IS the Grand Poohbah of Haubes. And if we all formed a Lodge [ and I know someone wants to ], he would have to be the exhausted, sorry, EXALTED Leader.

And does anyone else giggle just a little over The Kennmeister's purple prose sometimes?

Hi Dave, I do think I need a flat State 'cade for this, so what do you want to do? Let me know. I think can see that 'lip' on your state one so that would match my Reichs one.
I'm actually thinking of eventually trading this 'Muller' back to Herr Weitze, - it came from him a while back, - for something a little less 'grand'. It's a beautiful piece but it's very much a "...high ticket 'haube" [Joe] - it cost a fair bit as you might expect - but I'm getting more into EM helmets with decent depot marks - more into M15 helmets too. I find this all quite fascinating and of course you dont have this aspect so much with Officer helmets - this one does look nice though - it was a moment of madness and I'd just sold a load of pictures so I had to have it! I think the Muller label swung it. What do these go for. Are they anywhere nearly as scarce as LG.109? That's a killer badge right there. My all time favorite.
Talking of weitze, and killer badges,what about Cat. No. 72246. Yike! :shock:

72246 in the Weitze catalog is one drop dead super helmet. I have looked at this more than once and can see no problems...... other than the price tag. I would LOVE to own this helmet. If I can just win the powerball. Bill

I agree, KB, seems kosher but is it really that expensive comparitively. I think 'Kunst und....' had one a while ago and it was astonomic.Maybe if a few of us club together and do a time share on it?

seitlich mit gold gedrucktem Hersteller "Depaheg Patent" über der Quadriga des Brandenburger Tors.

I do not know but I have been told that this is a reenactor's label. Does anyone know?
patent.jpg

Count me in on the time share. Is it just me or have these helmets really esclated in price as of late. A few years ago this helmet would go for less than $8,000. Now we are in the $15,000 range...... great return on your investment.
Joe. You have said this before about the "Depaheg Patent" but I have not run across any reference or collector to back this up. Has anyone heard of this???? Bill

joerookery said:
seitlich mit gold gedrucktem Hersteller "Depaheg Patent" über der Quadriga des Brandenburger Tors.

I do not know but I have been told that this is a reenactor's label. Does anyone know?
patent.jpg

Joe

On the contrary, I believe the "Depaheg Patent" is for vulcanfiber helmets which predates the war. I have never heard anything about it as being a "reenactor's label".

Dave

Hi Joe:

I share Dave's opinion. Every "Depaheg Patent" helmet I have encountered is Vulkanfiber. Though I have yet to discover its meaning, Depaheg is most likely an acronym like Awes, Alcoso, etc.

What are the origins of the reenactor theory?

Chas.

Back