Seldom seen Pickelhauben and their wappen

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
Raining today, so thought I would share some helmets you not see very often, some of my favorites!

From left to right:

1) Prussian Waffenmeister helmet (armourer) this is my latest find and in mint condition. Officer, and yes the waffenmeister officer had studs instead of stars holding on base.

2) Prussian Administrative Officers helmet, most likely Medical officer. Cruciform base. silver wappen, gold Adler

3) Prussian Paymaster officer helmet round spike base, silver wappen with Gold Adler

4) Prussian Music or Band Inspector helmet, Gold wappen with Silver Adler(mine the silver wash is gone on the Adler)

5) Saxon Medical administrative (Beamte) helmet to parade with Plume(Sorry Tony)

6) Baden Paymaster helmet Silver wappen with Gold Baden Dragon Adler

thanks

James

Those are very cool James, I have never seen so many in one collection before. I didn’t realize that you were collecting these along side your usual hunt for Bavarians. Well done! 👍

One of the greatest benefits of this Forum for me personally, is when something is shown that I have never seen before, and wasn't even aware of its existence. That Prussian Waffenmeister helmet is simply astounding. You made my day James. Fantastic.

Thanks Guy's!

Tony, yes it is a stunning and rare helmet, so it was hard for me to realize how 2 came up for sale the same week, AOK has one that has now sold, and this one that I found. Funny how things happen sometimes!

Best

James

Excellent helmets, James. Hope it rains again so we can get another grouping 😉
Cheers,
Dennis

Back