Small soldiers

cliffn

Hi Paul,
I have my own little army of Dutch soldiers. Just have to get a cabinet on the wall to put them.
Cliff :army: :thumbleft:

Miniatures ,I will take pics of the ones painted and waiting to be painted .
Neat to see other painter's /gamers work/
Mark
Will be gaming 15 mm battle of Jena this Saturday will have pics for you Paul ,

Paul
some pics of the 15mm Napoleonic Battle of jena 1806. The French one this Historicaly.

Frenchleft.jpg

Frenchholding.jpg

Prussianrightadvance.jpg

columnattack.jpg

FrenchlinevsPrussian.jpg

Just a few from the day. These are a friends figures Mine are in a cabinet ,and later period Napoleonics. My friend has 1500 to 2500 15mm figures. May have 300 by now.
Mark

Hey Paul,
You know that I am not smart enough to do war gaming, but I have some toy soldiers.
toysoldierscropug6.jpg

Best wishes
Gus

Gus

When were these produced? The single machinegunner on the right, I dug one up in my Mom's garden when I was a kid back in the 60's.

Geo

Hey Geo,
I have not done a lot of research on these yet, but it is my beliefe that they were produced between WWI and WWII with some production extending past WWII. Right in front of the strecher bearers that are between the nurses, you will see an unusual motorized gun platform. This is a toy version of the one off "belly flopper" developed in the 30s, it had a driver and a gunner, and was tested by the US Army, but found to be lacking. Some of the toys are lead, and some are cast iron (the lead ones are more fun to chew on).
Best wishes
Gus

I might add Gus' soldiers are known by collectors as dimestore figures. Many appear to be Barclay manufacture. Pre-1939 khaki troops had removable tin helmets while postwar helmets were fixed. I don't see any "pod feet," therefore they are pre-1945.

Chas.

The one I dug up was missing a helmet, and I remember digging out dirt from a hollowed out body with a small stick. Funny the things you remember. Don't ask me what my wife wanted me to pick up after work today! :lol:

hey gus nice toy soldiers ,I have seen training film on the belly flopper and could see why it was not a pliable object.
Is that your list from Maggie?
MArk

ModelSoldiers.jpg

These models were given to me by my company when I retired. They are 4"+ tall depending on the headdress. Don't tell anyone but I would have preferred another helmet. At least they put some thought into the selection.
Stuart

You mean can I identify the regiment from the helmet plate? Well as far as I can tell it's a maltese cross but the model is simply a private of a line regiment (Royal at that because of the blue collar and cuffs) circa 1900. In other words it's generic.
The others are: private 24th Regiment 1879; officer 1st (Royal) Dragoons 1815; officer 17th Lancers circa 1900.
I'll have to get one of those large round magnifying lamps.
Stuart

My collection will never rival the late Malcom Forbes,' but I've been at it since childhood. Here are but a few examples.

Fifes and Drums of the Prussian Line Infantry, 1914:

PICT0332.jpg

Officer, 16th Lancers, 1914, with its original presentation box:

PICT0333.jpg

Francis Scott Key and the Star-Spangled Banner:

PICT0336.jpg

For my Aussie friends, Australian Light Horse Trooper, 12th (NSW) Regiment, 4th Brigade, Syria 1917:

PICT0337.jpg

Infanterie Regiment Graf Barfuß, advancing, 1914:

PICT0334.jpg

PICT0335.jpg

Chas.

Beautiful stuff there guys. I remember when I was a kid and had plenty of lead and plastic soldiers. I used to interfere in my little battles by shooting the plastic ones with my air rifle.
Stuart
Artillery.jpg

My howitzer shot with a canon.

Very cool howitzer Stuart. I was into the Dinky Toy line of army equipment. My soldiers were plastic and I used to build forts with a set of American Logs. Hours of fun! Brian

Hey Paul,
What happened to your first post on this thread? How was holloween? Did you have a holloween costume?
Best wishes
Gsu

Paul I will break out the camera and take more photo's of my collection of 1:16th scale stuff as well as my Napoleonics .
Mark
Nice Britons chas ( ithink thier Britons) .

Back