Sold

bustbang

Available for sale prussian hussar regiment Nr.14 officer parade-attila. Unmarked, no stampings or any other ID marks, It doesn't have any wears or holes, still in perfect condition as new

Asking $400

Last edited:
I would now like to share my experience of buying the hussar Atilla.
The saleswoman immediately sent me pictures of the uniform upon my request. It was in good condition. I transferred her $400 + $50 shipping costs. They send the package with the DD Force Express shipping service. Delivery within 48 hours. I was also able to track the package. When it arrived in London, the seller asked for an additional 250 British pounds. Apparently, customs wanted the amount as security. But I didn't want to pay that But she urged her to transfer the money, otherwise the package would not be forwarded and a penalty would be charged. Since then, the status of the shipment has been in London. I can't get my money back from Paypal I am not willing to pay the customs duties. I now believe that I have succumbed to a scam. Here is the address and the name of the seller. Maybe she is known:
Wendy Wilburn
719 Washington St NE Minneapolis, MN 55413
Wrote to her again yesterday about what's going to happen to the uniform now. No answer received

Good morning
The described incidents are, unfortunately, a common activity of online scammers. The seller sent a package in which there may be "anything" but a uniform. However, this package is not there. You followed the intentionally mystified shipment, its "trace" on the web, since your e-mail address was available. The package supposedly "arrived" in London. And it was allegedly detained by customs. Only to scam you out of yet another £250. "I bet dollars against nuts" that Mrs. Wendy Wilburn does not exist, and the account to which you transferred the 450 USD was established in her name, but it is a "post", there is no such seller.
I would block the account and the card used for payment.
As a warning.
Greetings to all.
Be careful.

I live 2 hours North of there, but sadly I have never heard of her.

The address is a legit house in Minneapolis, but I find no record of that name in Minnesota?

I hope it shows up, but something seams fishy?

James

I would now like to share my experience of buying the hussar Atilla.
The saleswoman immediately sent me pictures of the uniform upon my request. It was in good condition. I transferred her $400 + $50 shipping costs. They send the package with the DD Force Express shipping service. Delivery within 48 hours. I was also able to track the package. When it arrived in London, the seller asked for an additional 250 British pounds. Apparently, customs wanted the amount as security. But I didn't want to pay that But she urged her to transfer the money, otherwise the package would not be forwarded and a penalty would be charged. Since then, the status of the shipment has been in London. I can't get my money back from Paypal I am not willing to pay the customs duties. I now believe that I have succumbed to a scam. Here is the address and the name of the seller. Maybe she is known:
Wendy Wilburn
719 Washington St NE Minneapolis, MN 55413
Wrote to her again yesterday about what's going to happen to the uniform now. No answer received
Sorry about this for you
It looked strange to start with
No photos
No info
I hope that it works out for you
PayPal should help if you don't get the item
I didn't understand London
I had assumed that you were in Germany ?
Steve

You have indeed been scammed unfortunately..
I had several helmets, reference books etcetera sent to me from the US, never ever did the British Customs department asked for such an amount, they didn't even got involved in it. The items were simply delivered to my home, after paying customs duties to our own Dutch Customs.

Sorry about this for you
It looked strange to start with
No photos
No info
I hope that it works out for you
PayPal should help if you don't get the item
I didn't understand London
I had assumed that you were in Germany ?
Steve
Kaisersammler is indeed living in Germany Steve.

Sorry for the delayed response,

Yeah I worked it out but my wife health couldn’t allow me to come here to message you.

They’re already released the package to you already sorry I didn’t inform you, I will send you the details shortly,

I have been busy sorry for the delay

I just got this message from Mrs. Wilburn

If you used your credit card with PayPal you might be able to get the money back through the credit card company if PayPal will not cover it.

Good luck.

Peter

Sorry for the delayed response,

Yeah I worked it out but my wife health couldn’t allow me to come here to message you.

They’re already released the package to you already sorry I didn’t inform you, I will send you the details shortly,

I have been busy sorry for the delay

I just got this message from Mrs. Wilburn
Don't believe a word of it, it's a crook's game for time!

Dear Collectors
No services have stopped anything, it's just that Mr. Kaisersammler was scammed and it's now the scammer who writes to him to wire him some more money. The scammer is impersonating the state administration. The package is not there.
Mr. Kaisersammler simply shared his data with the scammers: e-mail, bank numbers, etc.
They are now "distributing" the victim socially, hoping that, not wanting to lose the $450, he will pay another £250 extra!
Attention!
Notify the police!

Years ago on Ebay I ran across a fellow who said that he had a rare pair of epaulettes
I think they were from FF of Mecklenburg photos and all
we settled on a price , I then bought a bank check
He was going to send them on to me as I had very good feedback
after the check was in the mail (this was way before PayPal)
he then changed his tune
he would mail them later
I got worried
I don't think that he ever owned the pair and he had "lifted "
the photos from somewhere
I was able to get my bank to stop payment on the check
I was lucky
I could tell you one a lot better than that one
but it is too long a story
There are real pros out there to try and get or money
Steve

If you used your credit card with PayPal you might be able to get the money back through the credit card company if PayPal will not cover it.

Good luck.

Peter
My understanding of PayPal is that they will recover your funds
if you do not get the item unless you used "Friends & Family "
if you did that PayPal will NOT recover your funds
Steve

My understanding of PayPal is that they will recover your funds
if you do not get the item unless you used "Friends & Family "
if you did that PayPal will NOT recover your funds
Steve
You are correct Steve, using the friends and family option, leaves the option of getting your money back out.
I do alway's use that option though, when buying helmets, reference books and such from collector friends I know and trust on this forum.
So they are not confronted with the PayPal fees.
Nowhere else though.

Back