Some of my collection.

You have a really fantastic collection Brian, congratulations!

It's amazing to see all those Duchy haubes!

Best Wishes,

Alan

Thanks Alan, you tracked down that Hessen Feld Artillery haube and kindly agreed to sell it to me. To me, you are the Indiana Jones of Haube trackers. You find some amazing pieces and to your credit, you rescue them and keep them in your own collection or agree to sell them to others who also care. (y)

Wow, as for me a special collection with a variety of wappen, f.e. Oldenburg 19th Dragoons and 91th IR?

Some additional pieces from my collection. Years ago I bought a JR 52 uberzug from a local dealer and subsequently purchased the M10 and dunkelblau straps to match. I also have a group photo from JR 52 showing them wearing this type of "green numbered" uberzug which I will post later. Every time I look at the photo, I can't help wondering...is my uberzug being worn in the photo? :)
IMG_3696.jpeg
The button on the M10 strap has a 12 on it which would indicate 12th Company.
IMG_3698.jpeg
The hand stitching blends in quite well with the felt numbers.
IMG_3699.jpeg
5 metal hooks, used to fasten the uberzug to the edge of the helmet. JR 52, Infantry Regiment von Alvensleben founded in 1860, based at Cottbus and part of the III Army Korps.

Absolutely beautiful collection! I’m glad to see that you are preserving these and keeping their history alive.

Back