Some Wartime Helmets

A very nice grouping, Congratulations (y)
I also really love the wartime helms, of course the majesty of the pre war glory is beautiful but there has always been something about that wartime period as the spiked helmet was transitioning that I also really love. Great stuff :love:

I usually also prefer M95 helmets, but it´s sometimes simply impossible to let specific M15 helmets pass , without making an exception and catching them...
This very unique one is beautifully marked FAR62 and 3B, as it has to be expected for such a rare stuff.
A very early M15 example with still a black liner and without the special Kugel-base bayonet fastener of the later "normal" M15 helmets. Only the ball is screwable to fit the black Haarbusch while the neck of the ball is fixed to the base plate.
There were only two Oldenburg batteries in the FAR62, the second and the third... Never more than only 150 guys in each of these two batteries, with each 6 guns. Even less guys having worn this ephemeral transition model in the short time lapse before the M16 helmet made its apparition.

Philippe

IMGP0043.JPG

Last edited:
I usually also prefer M95 helmets, but it´s sometimes simply impossible to let specific M15 helmets pass , without making an exception and catching them...
This very unique one is beautifully marked FAR62 and 3B, as it has to be expected for such a rare stuff.
A very early M15 example with still a black liner and without the special Kugel-base bayonet fastener of the later "normal" M15 helmets. Only the ball is screwable to fit the black Haarbusch while the neck of the ball is fixed to the base plate.
There were only two Oldenburg batteries in the FAR62, the second and the third... Never more than only 150 guys in each of these two batteries, with each 6 guns. Even less guys having worn this ephemeral transition model in the short time lapse before the M16 helmet made its apparition.

Philippe
Wow! I saw one for infantry and I waited too long on it. Quite a beautiful piece, Philippe! I have a German postcard with a WW1 artillery crew and it's impressive how much manual labor is needed for each gun. Nowadays we just hitch a field gun to a truck or send aircraft to take care of it. Terrifying how far war has come, and I certainly agree the transition is fascinating.

I'll hold on to it for you if it ever gets lonely around those M95s 😏

Philippe

View attachment 36228
outstanding !
Steve

Philippe

View attachment 36228
Are there any Kammer stampings ?
Steve

My God, I can’t breathe! I`ve been looking for him for 25 years, if he has a chamber stamp, oh God……. :Liebe: (y)
Frank

Incredibly rare and just as beautiful (y)(y)

Absolutely love it, if you ever would like to move it please contact me. I'm sure I'm not the first to say that but it never hurts.

I am overwhelmed :love:
If he ever has to go, please let me know, because as an “Oldenburg Man” I`ve been looking for him for 25 years!
Frank

Very nice photograph. Brings to mind a piece of advice I got long ago from an experienced collector: "the thing about spiked helmets is you can't have just one".

Back