SOS 2006

joerookery said:
moderator.jpg

The best part of this photo was the dialog, I am sure Paul can remember it, but I am pretty sure Brian forgot before he swallowed the pizza. Something about Santa being Canadian because the North Pole was Canadian, everyone knows that the penguins all speak Canadian, eh.

Hmmm....9 years ago, a lot has happened since that was taken! Yes, we have righteously claimed title to most of the Arctic. Its already the new frontier and will continue to grow in importance. As usual, we will work with our American brothers to develop things there. I think we can share Santa and the North Pole though, no sense really pissing people off. I mean we are Canadians eh, we are supposed to be nice people. Penguins?? Last time I saw Penguins, was at the Boston Aquarium in the summer of 2013, they were speaking in that Boston twang not Canuck. I think with the captive ones, it all depends on who is doing the feeding. I know for a fact, that those in the wild do speak a combination of Canuck and Inuit.

b.loree said:
Hmmm....9 years ago, a lot has happened since that was taken! Yes, we have righteously claimed title to most of the Arctic. Its already the new frontier and will continue to grow in importance. As usual, we will work with our American brothers to develop things there. I think we can share Santa and the North Pole though, no sense really pissing people off. I mean we are Canadians eh, we are supposed to be nice people. Penguins?? Last time I saw Penguins, was at the Boston Aquarium in the summer of 2013, they were speaking in that Boston twang not Canuck. I think with the captive ones, it all depends on who is doing the feeding. I know for a fact, that those in the wild do speak a combination of Canuck and Inuit.

I think you are still confused as to the hemisphere you are in, all penguins in the wild would be more likely to speak with a Kiwi or Argentinian accent:)

Gustaf said:
I think you are still confused as to the hemisphere you are in, all penguins in the wild would be more likely to speak with a Kiwi or Argentinian accent:)

There are African penguins, so they could speak with a South African accent!

Peter_Suciu said:
Gustaf said:

There are African penguins, so they could speak with a South African accent!

This is true, but the one thing all penguins have in common is that they live as far from Canada as is possible, I do not think they do this because they think Canada is a bad place, they just live in the wrong hemisphere.

That's why the Coca Cola commercials with penguins and polar bears make no sense. Polar bears live in the artic and penguins live in the Antarctic (as well as South America and Africa).

b.loree said:
Ok....wrong hemisphere. The Boston ones were noisy smelly bastards anyway!
Ha ha ha ha, I do not think we have any members from Boston, of Mathachuthits either for that matter:)

Does anyone know what Font was used for the Pickelhaubes.com logo and on this banner? I'm trying to help Brian with a new banner for SOS and I can't find the Font. It isn't a standard one in Photoshop or Word that I can find.

Gustaf said:

Never mind... I found the font. It is Fette Fraktur.

So the next question. Does anyone have the font for the PC? I found a free site that has it but I'm not about to install as it is asking to install all sorts of "extra" crap and even when I say no I worry it will infect my computer with malware. I like Brian and all but not so much that I want to waste the weekend cleaning my computer of adware/spyware/malware! :D

OK, a friend had the font. I tried to match the color as close as possible (but when it is printed it could still be off). Brian supplied me new photos of the helmet and busby. The angles are a little different, the lighting is certainly different and I'm not exactly a graphic designer.

But here is the results for the banner that Brian should be able to print up at VistaPrint.

Pickelhaubes-Banner-Small_zpsbthq4f8a.jpg

And you can find my tables at SOS under my banner:

Plunder-Pete-Banner-Small_zpsl8qec7zf.jpg

Banner has been made up and looks great. I will be bringing it down to the SOS with me. Thanks for all the help Pete.

Back