SOS 21

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
Just saw this update on SOS 2021, still not for sure, but sounds like they got a bigger hall to spread out more.

"Ok, boys and girls - I have been doing the happy dance for about six weeks now, ever since hanging up after a very successful conversation with the Kentucky Expo Center.. but Bill wanted to make sure that we had a signed contract in hand before making a public announcement. Well, the contract is signed, so we can now spread the word.
A day or two after the 'socially distant' Wilmington show, we were able to secure a deal with the Kentucky Expo Center to annex Hall B, which is where the children's fair has been held in previous years. They had just cancelled, and that hall was (very briefly) up for grabs. Now, if the social distancing requirements re: COVID-19 are still in play next February, we WILL be able to spread out the Show-of-Shows in compliance with all rules and regulations as they currently exist.
Bear in mind, state or local officials could impose different restrictions between now and then. They could also take over the facility for use as a testing center, or to erect another of the ghost hospitals. They did this once before in anticipation of an overwhelmed health care system, but the system was not overwhelmed after all, and to my knowledge the ersatz facility did not receive any patients. So.. anything could change. If the health department rules and regulations have not changed between now and then, we will be wearing masks, taking temperatures at the doors, and enjoying the wide-open spaces of a socially distant 'Plan B'. I'm just glad the flea market in Hall A didn't beat us to the punch on that one. If the world has improved, then maybe it will be back to normal. Either way, we will all be happy to have the show.
We get a LOT of these questions: Will the Europeans be able to come here for Show-of-Shows? Will the virus be cured in time for Show-of-Shows? (I'm sure that specific date IS circled on research lab calendars all over the world.) How many Estonian mess kits will be for sale at SOS 2021? If you receive an 'anonymous report' that my show neighbor is infected, can I get his tables? Etc., etc., etc. For the record, in order: I don't know, I don't know, How could I possibly know that?, and what?!?!? Honestly, if we had a functional method to see the future, I'm pretty sure we would be doing other things.
SO - barring yet another novel catastrophe, the 2021 SOS IS HAPPENING!!"

If this goes well, I will be there. I'd like to meet you all, pay Steve a visit, and go to the SOS.
Have been looking at the pictures everybody placed here, we do not have a show that big here in Europe.
I hope it works out well! And that this Covid19 is taken care of. :)

Have a nice sunday all!

Greetings, Coert. :thumb up:

James, same hall but in addition the hall next door. So it just means the show is spread out. It isn't growing and should still be just shy of 2,000 tables. It mean a bit more walking, but we're all up for that!

Yes anyone who can build a “working/running “ WW1 ambulance should have no problem making a little motorized scooter. :D

Guy's do not give him ideas, I need him to sit at the tables for once.

I cannot remember the last time I got to shop at SOS and buy something....

James

J.LeBrasseur said:

James

Maggie wants to know why Lori is always worried about all the money you spend? What about all the Kinder uniforms that I never got to see?

Ouch, burn. I suspect I will spend even less time at the table this next year

J.LeBrasseur said:

Didn't you bring your son and son-in-law? Isn't that what kids are for... at some point we might have to collect our daughter from boarding school and bring her to the show so I have more time to shop.

Go ahead and pick on me, with my diminished cognitive ability and short attention span, I will have forgotten about what ever it was we were talking about. I do not have anything to bring to sell, so I will probably just wander off at any time.

Thinking positive just booked my rooms for SOS in February. Total was about 60% of what I have paid last few years, so great deal, and can cancel up to day before in case of COVID.

Fingers crossed

James

Hmmm...glad I am not going to be at this 2020 Show with Gus already coughing! Lucky you James!! Of course it could be only a mild case of TB due to all of the "grain dust" that he has inhaled during his life as a farmer. :D

b.loree said:
Hmmm...glad I am not going to be at this 2020 Show with Gus already coughing! Lucky you James!! Of course it could be only a mild case of TB due to all of the "grain dust" that he has inhaled during his life as a farmer. :D

Odd you should mention that, just had a TB test yesterday, should get the results back in a week.

Yes Gus, no surprise, I am very "Odd" :) and unlike many, I know about the hazards of "Grain Dust" and the other health problems which can arise after working for decades on the land. Total Respect to all of those who work to produce food for the rest of us! I hope your test is negative and look forward to seeing you and M at SOS 22. All the best Gus!

Back