SOS Pictures 2018

Thanks for posting the photos James and Peter. Its a long way from Australia to SOS so we really appreciate the efforts you have made to show us what we are missing.

Thank you all for the pictures...i dig the comment "with a plumbers crack" :lol: :lol: :lol:

So do I Mappa, here in the Netherlands we call this a construction-workers decolleté. :lol:

Thanks for all the pictures gentlemen, I live too far away to visit the show, but it always looks like there's enough to find there!

Have a nice weekend all,

Coert :)

b.loree said:
IMG_0208.JPGIMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0206.JPGIMG_0205.JPG
IMG_0204.JPGIMG_0202.JPG
IMG_0202 - Copy.JPG

Wow, thats some real nice pictures. :bravo:

Who was selling the nice Swedish M/1845 infantry officer haube? Remember the price for the piece?

Unfortunately, I can not provide the names of the various dealers. There are 1,000+ tables and I am going row to row shooting pictures for the forum. Sometimes, I ask permission to have the piece removed from a display case and take my pictures. I have never had a dealer refuse to cooperate or to allow pics to be taken. I also regularly hand out my business cards and mention that I am from this forum when doing the photos. It is quite common for a dealer to tell me he has used our forum to ID a helmet. More photos to come. :thumb up:

View attachment 17View attachment 10
View attachment 11View attachment 12
View attachment 13View attachment 14 Some straps, the ones on cardboard were from an old German collection. Many of these were purchased by member KAGGR#1.
View attachment 15View attachment 16
View attachment 9 One of our members shows his latest purchase from the Show
View attachment 7View attachment 8
View attachment 6A Prussian General Officer helmet which walked into the Show and was purchased by
Age of Kings.
View attachment 5View attachment 4
View attachment 3View attachment 2
View attachment 1
A helmet from the Michael Baldwin collection which is due to be auctioned in May.

That is a massive star on that tshapka
Coorect me if i am wrong but isnt that a rare ersats curasier helmet made out of 1 piece
Seems i would have the time of my life to bbuy on sos looking to those ersatz helmets

Yes ersatz kurassier, which was on the Age of Kings table. Here is the interior:

This is one on my hit list, just did not have any money left, it sold fast in the $2500 area I believe

James

That is not an easy one to find ,there is not mutch information on these ones to make sure these are original and not a reproduction
Never came acros one like this type of helmet not even in my books

kaiser said:
That is not an easy one to find ,there is not mutch information on these ones to make sure these are original and not a reproduction
Never came acros one like this type of helmet not even in my books
I have only 1 picture of an ersatz Kürassier helmet like this,

But they also say not much is known about these.. It is in this book, on page 328.

If you do not have this book, I recommend it Jonas. Quite expensive but worth it.

Have a nice sunday!

Greetings, Coert :)

That is a very familiar sword laying next to the felt Tschapka shown at the beginning of this post.

John :)

Haubians:

On behalf of the OVMS, I want to sincerely thank you all for your support of the Show-of-Shows. Even those who did not attend have been helpful by sharing the facebook event, making supportive comments, and just generally adding to the excitement and positive momentum of the event. You all elevate the show, and we sincerely appreciate it. Even with Randy and Tony as next-door neighbors, I didn't get the chance to do much more than say "hello" to most - it was pretty busy, but I suppose that is a good problem to have!

We have an OVMS board meeting scheduled for March 21 to discuss the show and identify areas where we can make improvements. If you have any thoughts, please email me. [email protected] Be aware that even a really good idea can take years to achieve escape velocity - we have had several that simply orbit, and there are often unseen reasons why certain things are the way that they are, but in truth the majority of successful ideas come directly from member suggestions.

Jeff

Back