Straightening of objects

Naprawiacz

Well-known member
The first stage of straightening.For the skin, I used water with vinegar,and for the second object, water alone.
 

Attachments

  • DSC06335.JPG
    DSC06335.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • DSC06336.JPG
    DSC06336.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • DSC06337.JPG
    DSC06337.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • DSC06338.JPG
    DSC06338.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • DSC06339.JPG
    DSC06339.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • DSC06340.JPG
    DSC06340.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • DSC06343.JPG
    DSC06343.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • DSC06344.JPG
    DSC06344.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
Now the worst part is waiting for it to dry.The summer is over and the whole process takes much longer.After a few hours the helmet already looks different.
 

Attachments

  • DSC06350.JPG
    DSC06350.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • DSC06351.JPG
    DSC06351.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • DSC06352.JPG
    DSC06352.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • DSC06354.JPG
    DSC06354.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
Looking very good.
What does the vinegar do ?
Soften but does not stain ?

I use denatured alcohol and that softens with minimal staining.
 
Tellermütze repaired.I replaced the edge eaten by moths and patched the holes.I will not do anything more with it.
 

Attachments

  • DSC06342.JPG
    DSC06342.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • DSC06358.JPG
    DSC06358.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • DSC06357.JPG
    DSC06357.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • DSC06368.JPG
    DSC06368.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • DSC06367.JPG
    DSC06367.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • DSC06364.JPG
    DSC06364.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • DSC06363.JPG
    DSC06363.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
Did you replace the mothed chewed edge with new cloth or pulled the cloth from the head band area to cover the area ?
Looks like it was never damaged.
Great job on the fix.
 
Did you replace the mothed chewed edge with new cloth or pulled the cloth from the head band area to cover the area ?
Looks like it was never damaged.
Great job on the fix.
I always repair uniforms and headgear with original period material.In this particular repair I used material from the collar.
 

Attachments

  • DSC06369.JPG
    DSC06369.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
The first layer of shellac has been applied and is now drying.
 

Attachments

  • DSC06336.JPG
    DSC06336.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
  • DSC06384.JPG
    DSC06384.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • DSC06337.JPG
    DSC06337.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • DSC06385.JPG
    DSC06385.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
  • DSC06386.JPG
    DSC06386.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • DSC06387.JPG
    DSC06387.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • DSC06391.JPG
    DSC06391.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Back
Top