The Kaiser’s Prize (Kaiserschiessabzeichen)

Do we know why a few of the Jager badges have no date on the skull? I see one here on the far right.

Thanks, Lance
Lance
You are correct
That one is without a date
I bought a collection and that one was with the collection
I had forgot that I had that one
Steve

I am going to ask a German collector that I know
and see what he might add ?
Steve
Here is what my collector friend in Germany had to say
when I asked him what he thought about the Kaiser Jager prize without a date
I copy & paste he exact words here ;

I think there is no ‘deed’, order or jurisdiction who may pin that ‘badge without any year’ on to the arm of his uniform. -

I strongly assume that all of this came up after WWI…, vet. associations etc. What else can it ?! Until 1913 you are allowed to wear it (WITH a number only!) if you were one of the winners in that year. Who and why would one wear it otherwise?

Here is what my collector friend in Germany had to say
when I asked him what he thought about the Kaiser Jager prize without a date
I copy & paste he exact words here ;

I think there is no ‘deed’, order or jurisdiction who may pin that ‘badge without any year’ on to the arm of his uniform. -

I strongly assume that all of this came up after WWI…, vet. associations etc. What else can it ?! Until 1913 you are allowed to wear it (WITH a number only!) if you were one of the winners in that year. Who and why would one wear it otherwise?
A not surprising answer and one that I think makes sense.

In service an award winner was only allowed to wear the award on his uniform for one year. So, for instance a Reservist who won the award in 1908 would not be allowed to wear it in any other year. Allowing some one to wear an award with no date would be an obvious breach of regulations and defeats the purpose of exclusivity.

It is possible that Veterans Association may have allowed these to be worn as a mark of distinction gained during Reserve Service as by the 1920's there was no means of enforcing compliance?

I just had a look through German eBay and I find it more than a bit curious to find that there are 4 of these no year prizes being offered. all by the same vendor.

A not surprising answer and one that I think makes sense.

In service an award winner was only allowed to wear the award on his uniform for one year. So, for instance a Reservist who won the award in 1908 would not be allowed to wear it in any other year. Allowing some one to wear an award with no date would be an obvious breach of regulations and defeats the purpose of exclusivity.

It is possible that Veterans Association may have allowed these to be worn as a mark of distinction gained during Reserve Service as by the 1920's there was no means of enforcing compliance?

I just had a look through German eBay and I find it more than a bit curious to find that there are 4 of these no year prizes being offered. all by the same vendor.
Interesting
Did they look O K to you ?
Do you care to say who the seller is ?
I have no interest in buying one
but I would like to see what they look like
Steve

Interesting
Did they look O K to you ?
Do you care to say who the seller is ?
I have no interest in buying one
but I would like to see what they look like
Steve
Here are a couple of them. They look very good to me.

I'm not sure about naming vendors, but go on German Ebay and search on Schiessabzeichen and they'll come up.

Attachments

• KaiserArtilleryNodate.jpg
    KaiserArtilleryNodate.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 11
  • KaiserArtilleryNoDate2.jpg
    KaiserArtilleryNoDate2.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 11
  • KaiserInfantryNoDate.jpg
    KaiserInfantryNoDate.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 11
Here are a couple of them. They look very good to me.

I'm not sure about naming vendors, but go on German Ebay and search on Schiessabzeichen and they'll come up.
There are now 4 of them without dates
I am not sure about the 4th one
I don't like the material on the back
Also IMO prices are high for them with no date
Steve

Spikehelmet-berlin sells a lot of replica items. I do not know if these are replica, but take it as it is.
I have no knowledge of these Kaiserschiess abzeichen.

... very, very nice the highest Schützenschnur 10. Stufe (two gold spun acorn), never seen in real!
Great, thank you for showing! Best regards, Jens

;) .. also the rare MG-Abzeichen!
Jens
1913 would have been the last year that the K P was
worn on the pre war blue uniform
Outstanding !
Steve

Back