The Van Bosstraeten Auction

It seems like our friends AOK has caught the "Frenzy" syndrome too. AOK had just listed few nice helmets but prices are nice too.
Prussian Line Uhlan officer helmet almost to parade
but missing the all important and hard to find correct rabatte
$ 5,600
Steve

Well, I feel like the starting prices were all very good but the realized prices were high on many items, some were very reasonable. I wasn't able to be online auction day and missed a few items by a very small amount. However, even it the prices were good/reasonable I my budget would not allow 20 helmets... wow

Congrats Amy
Well after buying Karel's helmets, I will be on bread and butter for next few months lol

Ha,ha,...don't be sorry...that's the way it goes with auctions...you never know who you're bidding against. I'm glad it will go to a good home..I'ved bought the M15 Bavarian Cavalry helmet to go with my M1909/15 Chevauleger tunic...So I'am also a "happy camper";)
Congrats on the bavarian cav helmet. I have one but it has the wrong spike.

I have never sold anything at an auction house
But I know collectors that have
I have been told that IF you a selling a large important collection at auction
you can bargain with them over the amount they charge you
IF the collection is really good you might get down to 10 -15 %
on top of their 25 % to buyer
they still make 35 to 40 %
The best way to go is to sell to fellow collectors
Steve
Yes you are right to say that if the collection is good, they will reduce their price. My late hubby stuff all went to lloyds auctioneers in Australia. They charge 16.5% on the seller and 16.5% buyers premium. No marketing fee but manpower and transport was tagged onto it. Any items that go above$50k in the auction will see the sellers commission reduce to 7.5%. They did quite well on the marketing.

well done
after you get them in
please take a photo as a group of them all together
then you can do one at a time on latest find
and keep us busy and interested for sometime
maybe the thread needs to be changed to " Latest Purchase "
I got only 4 helmets ( not up to yor speed )
I would have liked more but there is a "start and a stop "
Steve
Will do a group photo when the helmets arrive. Customs will love charging me the goods and service tax

Yes you are right to say that if the collection is good, they will reduce their price. My late hubby stuff all went to lloyds auctioneers in Australia. They charge 16.5% on the seller and 16.5% buyers premium. No marketing fee but manpower and transport was tagged onto it. Any items that go above$50k in the auction will see the sellers commission reduce to 7.5%. They did quite well on the marketing.
do you mean 50 K for total sales ?
or 50 K per item ?
thanks
Steve

Great photo T, you always did have an excellent eye for photography! Well done ! Decent props on hand also helps!

Well, Im happy to say I was able to acquire two pair of boots form Karel. I'm happy to have a memento of Karel in my collection.

Unfortunately, I didn't win the generals items I bid on, too poor to compete.... still, im happy

I got invoice but I've had to send them my information 3 times now for payment. I doublechecked myself and think Im not the problem but one never knows.

25 May invoice was received by email. Paid it the next day. No problem. For those that were fortunate enough to win, May I suggest posting the item or items here if interested? Karel’s collection was not a “secret” like that nonsense with Chip Minx’s collection. I think Karel would be pleased to see his won items,one last time here, and curious to see who won what.

Last edited:
Back