They are coming back!

joerookery

After several years in boxes, this small collection in Texas is slowly coming back. Gives us mere mortals something to aspire to.

radywall1.jpg

randywall2.jpg

randywall3.jpg

Holy cow!

This is incredible. I'm floored and appreciative to this gentlemen for allowing a peek at his collection. Apparently, from the posts, several of you other gents know this collector. Is he a contributor to this website? I'm still kind of a newbie, remember. What on-line name does he go by?

Semper Fi,

Bryan.

Apparently, from the posts, several of you other gents know this collector.

And you can also! He is a contributor to this forum, though not frequently and is the author of this book.
http://www.pickelhauben.net/books/trawnik.htm

Incredibly nice guy, he inevitably comes to SOS, and it looks like this year many of the tables will be coming together again! so if you can make SOS and hang out with the pickelhaube collectors you will get to know all of the guys that are there. I keep telling new guys that the best way to learn about helmets and find good deals is to become a known entity. So come on down!

Thanks Joe.

I already have this book, and the follow-on study of Volume two. You are right; absolutely invaluable.

I would love to meet you and some of these advanced collectors, and maybe also have some of my books signed. I will have to take some leave and hit the next SOS. Thank you for the reply.

Semper Fi,

Bryan.

Boy, What a collection - thought mine was big-ish at 75! Very nice to see so many varients and also what an impressive display arrangement.

Well done!

Regards,

Martin.

I wanted to say that this collector takes the time to talk with total newbies like me - in fact, he drove over to my house to see an item.

A fine fellow with a fine collection.

Eric

=D> \:D/ :salute: :cheers:

Wow, thanks for the privelage of seeing this one-of-a-kind collection. It would probably be impossible to replicate not only the quantity, but definately the quality of the items in this collection in today's age. I'm amazed at the number of super-rare, high-end helmets and the wonderful condition of everything. I can recall seeing a small portion of it many years ago on display at the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library in West Branch, IA, back in the 1980's. It's great to see so much more of it!!!

Thank guys. I'm definately drooling, =P~ =P~ and must now fetch a mop to wipe up the floor!!! :thumb up:

Alan

Absolutely stunning !!
I have not checked in here in some time. I am glad I did if for no other
reason than an oppertunity to see this.

Not only is this an awesomely fantastic collection, but the superb and tasteful manner in which the whole thing is displayed and arranged is just beautiful.

I just tumbled over this one !
Must have missed it !
OMG ! Fantastic collection !

Francis

Back