Three new kinder finds to add to my collection

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
My sideline to regular Pickelhauben has always been Kinder helms of which I have many.

These 3 stunning pieces just came in.

1) paper mache Bavarian Officer helmet with silver fittings.

bavkindersilver001.jpg

bavkindersilver002.jpg

bavkindersilver003.jpg

bavkindersilver004.jpg

2) is a stunning Prussian Ulan kinder Tschapka, these are almost impossible to find in this condition and again Paper type.

kindertschapka001.jpg

kindertschapka007.jpg

kindertschapka002.jpg

kindertschapka003.jpg

kindertschapka004.jpg

kindertschapka005.jpg

kindertschapka006.jpg

3) last one is a super deluxe French kinder helmet and kuirass, the detail on this set blows away my other one. Look at the detail on the leather straps etc.

frenchkinderset002.jpg

frenchkinderset007.jpg

frenchkinderset003.jpg

frenchkinderset004.jpg

frenchkinderset005.jpg

frenchkinderset006.jpg

There is a museum here somewhere! I would bet someone will love to display these as part of an exhibition. You really have something that is quite a niche.

Well done Slim, excellent items. You should write a book on these kinderhelmes based on your collection.

Congratulations James, your new kinderhelms are just great.... :thumb up: Thanks for showing these, never seen a French one before.

Larry

It is amazing that these items have survived all of these years. Kids can be pretty rough on " army " equipment.

joerookery said:
There is a museum here somewhere! I would bet someone will love to display these as part of an exhibition.

He could send them down here. We have a very nice toy museum.

Chip

Or possibly the World War I Museum?! I could let Doran at least know that it exists. Notice how we are making deals with James's property! Seriously James this is some seriously good stuff.

joerookery said:
Or possibly the World War I Museum?! I could let Doran at least know that it exists. Notice how we are making deals with James's property! Seriously James this is some seriously good stuff.

The National WWI Museum here actually does have some Kinder military related items on display, including a very cool looking backpack, complete with attached messkit and blanket.

Chip

there was a similar set of curass and helm in the 1930's film about the Dryefus affair. It was made in hollywood, but they had a sey forr dreyfus's son in the film prior to his arrest ,

Back