Tunic KR2?

Feedback is welcome about this tunic :). Aren't they often encountered, do you? What epaulettes should be with her? Thank you in advance for your valuable comments.

Pawel,

This is a waffenrock to the KR2 or KR4. It I almost impossible to know exactly because of the slight variations in shades of red. Since Officers clothing was all purchased individually there could be different shades of the same color in the same regiment.

You should look for slip on shoulder boards. The parade epaulettes were not used with the waffenrock although I have seen a picture of Bismark wearing parade epaulettes, a waffenrock and a cuirass. That would not have been correct according to regulations but I suspect Royal Family members and Generals wore what they wanted for photos.

It is a not often encountered tunic but they appear from time to time.

I like it very much! Congratulations on a nice find!!!

John

I would say it has to be either 2 or 5. Looks pink but the collar tresse looks red.

Thanks gentlemen. The colors are identical to the tunic presented by U. Herr and J. Nguyen, the collar is 6.5 cm high. As for the epaulettes, of course, I see them, only in mine there are no stripes, there are small loops, hence the question whether other epaulettes were used?IMG20230508152510.jpg

Thanks gentlemen. The colors are identical to the tunic presented by U. Herr and J. Nguyen, the collar is 6.5 cm high. As for the epaulettes, of course, I see them, only in mine there are no stripes, there are small loops, hence the question whether other epaulettes were used?View attachment 33991
Pawel, does it appear that it had passanten (stripes) that were removed? If not you will only need shoulder boards and not epaulets. I have a tunic similar that does not have passanten so cannot fit epaulets.

Pawel, does it appear that it had passanten (stripes) that were removed? If not you will only need shoulder boards and not epaulets. I have a tunic similar that does not have passanten so cannot fit epaulets.
Good point .Sometimes the officers who have lots of money could have a Waffenrock made for wear with shoulder straps only
or like you say the passanten were removed
Steve

Certainly Cuirassier Regiment No.2 In the lower row Cuirassier Regiment No.2, above No.5 The dark cap for enlisted men is also Cuirassier Regiment No.2
Waffenrock with Epaulettes is only for the Gesellschaftsanzug. Here Cuirassier Regiment No.7

Attachments

• K2 (1).jpg
    K2 (1).jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 26
  • K2 (2).jpg
    K2 (2).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
Certainly Cuirassier Regiment No.2 In the lower row Cuirassier Regiment No.2, above No.5 The dark cap for enlisted men is also Cuirassier Regiment No.2
Waffenrock with Epaulettes is only for the Gesellschaftsanzug. Here Cuirassier Regiment No.7
Great collection
Many thanks for the photos
who is the American Indian warrior ?
Steve

Thanks guys, that's what I wanted to see! It seems to me that this tunic did not have handles for decorative epaulettes. Today I noticed looking closely that you can see a darker trace of a narrow pagon. I have such epaulets, even someone signed them on the back, but I'm not sure if they are right. What do you think?IMG20230508203009.jpgIMG20230508203139.jpgIMG20230508203243.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20230508200739.jpg
    IMG20230508200739.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 6
Back