Units of troops not recognized. The military doctors

Kaisersammler

I would also like to point out people in uniform who are unpopular in the collecting world. The military doctors. Why actually? Because they were military officials in the beginning? I think these people did just as much as any other soldier at the front. These doctors wore their uniforms with the same pride
As a uniform collector, I always hear. Wow, he has a general's uniform in his collection.
(these people send 100,000 soldiers to a senseless death)
the other side
What do you put a doctor on? It's not interesting!
(It is thanks to these people that 100,000 wounded soldiers were able to return home to their dearest families). No matter how.

In the pictures it is a Prussian senior staff doctor. A Bavarian senior staff doctor in the field gray peacetime uniform. The fatherland bandeau is missing from the Prussian Pickelhelm. The staff of Asclepius can be seen on the belt buckle.The extremely curved saber is from a horse doctor

Attachments

• DSCN4405.JPG
    DSCN4405.JPG
    937.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN4406.JPG
    DSCN4406.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • DSCN4409.JPG
    DSCN4409.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • DSCN4411.JPG
    DSCN4411.JPG
    969.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN4412.JPG
    DSCN4412.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
  • DSCN4413.JPG
    DSCN4413.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • DSCN4414.JPG
    DSCN4414.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • DSCN4415.JPG
    DSCN4415.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 37
Hello Reiner,
probably true (y)
The ones with A.K.O. The special field armband for medical officers introduced in Prussia on February 26, 1914 is rare!
Best regards
Frank

I would also like to point out people in uniform who are unpopular in the collecting world. The military doctors. Why actually? Because they were military officials in the beginning? I think these people did just as much as any other soldier at the front. These doctors wore their uniforms with the same pride
As a uniform collector, I always hear. Wow, he has a general's uniform in his collection.
(these people send 100,000 soldiers to a senseless death)
the other side
What do you put a doctor on? It's not interesting!
(It is thanks to these people that 100,000 wounded soldiers were able to return home to their dearest families). No matter how.

In the pictures it is a Prussian senior staff doctor. A Bavarian senior staff doctor in the field gray peacetime uniform. The fatherland bandeau is missing from the Prussian Pickelhelm. The staff of Asclepius can be seen on the belt buckle.The extremely curved saber is from a horse doctor
I'm glad you showed the doctor's pickelhaube.Many people questioned this wappen, and I had three of them in my hand with the doctor's signature.I present you mine from the years around 1915 with a brief description.Pickelhaube of an officer of a medical or veterinary doctor.The helmet is from a private purchase of the officer,and the Adler is fire-gilded.A very interesting deerskin facemask, which is made without the characteristic rounding.Commonly, such a facemask began to be used for officers in the 1915 model. Interestingly, before 1872, veterinarians Stabsroßarzt and Roßarzt-otherwise Staff Surgeon and Grand Surgeon-were wearing kugelhelm.Sometimes piki appear on auction portals as medical or veterinary with a rectangular visor, from 1908-1917,but this is just a fantasy. The visor had to be semicircular,and this was due to the 1908 dress regulations for Prussian military officials.The small silver Wappenadler was not attached to the Adler tail until the order of May 15, 1905,and with the creation of the veterinary officer corps in 1910, the small silver Beamten eagle was removed for those officials who became officers, other than that the helmet remained the same. The first appointments of reserve veterinary officers with the distinctive cross on the reserve Adler did not take place until June 16, 1911.This type of pique whether on permanent duty or in reserve was used until December 1917.

Attachments

• DSC00109.JPG
    DSC00109.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • DSC00111.JPG
    DSC00111.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • DSC00115.JPG
    DSC00115.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • DSC00116.JPG
    DSC00116.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • DSC00113.JPG
    DSC00113.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Completely underestimated pickelhaube apothecary from my description.Pickelhaube from a private purchase of an officer of an army apothecary with a high fireplace used after 1890.General body model 1871-1899.Pickelhaube with a rectangular canopy used by an army doctor,veterinarian and apothecary until 1907.This is the so-called dragoon style., Each army corps had a medical battalion consisting of three medical companies and twelve field hospitals. In the medical companies, chief pharmacists managed medical supplies for soldiers' dressing stations, main dressing stations and district rooms, and exchanged medical carts, commonly known as apothecary carts, for what was still in use at the front. These included ether, chloroform, morphine, tetanus serum, as well as castor oil, tannin tablets, salicylic tallow and cresyl powder, and medical instruments. They also conducted water tests or laboratory tests on the spot with medical advice.During major battles with numerous wounded, they had their hands full at the main dressing station: bandages and medicines had to be dispensed, salt and glucose solutions had to be prepared and sterilized, and supplies from warehouses and, if necessary, from field hospitals. had to be organized in a timely manner. In addition, some military pharmacists also assisted in operations.Staff pharmacists and corps pharmacists, comparable in rank to captains, had to, like regular military pharmacists, demonstrate a degree in food chemistry from 1902. Corps pharmacists took precedence over staff pharmacists, but were given the same rank and assigned to a military corps location. "For more information, see link https://wehrmed.de/geschichte/zur-deutschen-militaerpharmazie-im-ersten-w

Attachments

• DSC00249.JPG
    DSC00249.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • DSC00251.JPG
    DSC00251.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • DSC00253.JPG
    DSC00253.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • DSC00257.JPG
    DSC00257.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • DSC00260.JPG
    DSC00260.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • DSC00263.JPG
    DSC00263.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 20
As always, your displays are wonderful Reiner. I especially like the field gray uniform for the Bavarian Officer. I missed out on a wonderful Prussian field gray tunic of the same rank as your field gray tunic.

I do agree that medical and administrative type uniforms get less attention.m

Hi Reiner ! Once again you have a beautiful display !
Thanks for sharing this is very nice !
My Grand Grand father was a Doctor in the Bavarian Army ( I did a post with his Spange) I could not agree more....medical type uniforms deserve more attention.

Hi Reiner ! Once again you have a beautiful display !
Thanks for sharing this is very nice !
My Grand Grand father was a Doctor in the Bavarian Army ( I did a post with his Spange) I could not agree more....medical type uniforms deserve more attention.
Mine, too!

Best wishes,

GardeUlan

Back