UR20 project 2022

michiel

last Year my militaria project was this Set of Ulanen Regiment 20 (Wurrtenberg).
A couple of years ago (2016) I purchased the Tschapka (well marked with kammerstempel)
In 2021 I found the correct Feldzeichen (on Ebay), see earlier post.
In feb 2022 I purchased the Ulanka with leather Cavalry Ammunition Pouches. (at a well known dealer), it is beautifully marked kammerstuck.
In october 2022 I purchased the Sabel, with beautiful inscriptions of the 20Th regiment (Ciney Militaria Show).

Now I'm still looking for the trousers and boots; and would like to find a lance, any available on the forum?

Hope you like it (rather don't take of the jacket of the torso to show the markings because it fits tight and beautiful right now...)

best wishes for 2023!!

Attachments

• UR20_1.jpg
    UR20_1.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 37
  • UR20_6.jpg
    UR20_6.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 36
  • UR20_5.jpg
    UR20_5.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 29
  • UR20_4.jpg
    UR20_4.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 28
  • UR20_3.jpg
    UR20_3.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 27
  • UR20_2.jpg
    UR20_2.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 26
  • UR20_7.jpg
    UR20_7.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 36
Holy cow! That’s alot of hard work! I hope you find what you’re looking for.
(P.s. a lance might be a little bit hard to ship ;))

Holy cow! That’s alot of hard work! I hope you find what you’re looking for.
(P.s. a lance might be a little bit hard to ship ;))
to find a lance in europe (germany, holland belgium or france I would not mind to take my car an ride for it...)

115 eme regiment d'infanterie, vous êtes du sud ouest de la france?
moi, j'habite en pays bas, mais nous sommes souvent dans les Ardennes belges (maison de seconde residence), donc je visite assez souvent les champs de bataille de verdun et ceux pres de reims,
d'abord connaissez vous ce musée de la guerre et paix en Ardennes (Novion porcien)?

Very nice Michiel,
I like the other ranks stuff, and this one complete with equipment too 😀
Beautiful set!
Regards,
Lars

Very nice display. Lances come up for sale at auction in Germany from time to time (Hermann Historica have had a few in recent years) and boots are relatively easy to find, but original trousers are not so easy to find.
Happy New Year
Michael

to find a lance in europe (germany, holland belgium or france I would not mind to take my car an ride for it...)

115 eme regiment d'infanterie, vous êtes du sud ouest de la france?
moi, j'habite en pays bas, mais nous sommes souvent dans les Ardennes belges (maison de seconde residence), donc je visite assez souvent les champs de bataille de verdun et ceux pres de reims,
d'abord connaissez vous ce musée de la guerre et paix en Ardennes (Novion porcien)?
Oui je viens du sud, un petit village qui s’appelle laymont, pas loins de Lombez-Samatan, le “hub” du foie gras. Non, je ne suis jamais aller au musée de la guerre et paix, mais j’aimerais bien y’aller. Je cherche les objets du 115eme car mon grand oncle a servie dans ceux régiment, et il est mort à Verdun, en 1917.

dear Kaisersammler,
thank you very much for your suggestion,
I just reserved the lance in Speyer Germany and will drive there to go and get it in a few days,
looking forward to it!

michiel

I just came home (in my holiday home) with the lance I went to buy today, (so it is not really at home yet, whit the grouping...)
it was a 700 km drive today,
I attach some Photo's more to follow,
very happy with it.

hope you like it

(I'm 51 years old and started collecting when 18 years old, then very low budget..., bought my first Kurassier helmet (model franco prussian war ), when I was about 25, so more dan 26 years ago, when a saw a lance at the home of the vendor, and I already was fascinated by it, now 26 years later I finally got one myself!)

don't know if they are scare in your opinion but I seldom encounter them for sale...
so one from wurrtenberg although wrong regiment (UR 19 in stead of 20) is very welcome indeed!

michiel

Attachments

• lanze UR 19 _2 klein.jpg
    lanze UR 19 _2 klein.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 27
  • lanze UR 19 _4.jpg
    lanze UR 19 _4.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 27
  • lanze UR19_3.jpg
    lanze UR19_3.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 25
  • lanze UR19_klein.jpg
    lanze UR19_klein.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 27
Congratulations on finding one! I'd gladly drive to pick one up, but don't think my truck would make the transatlantic trip. :ROFLMAO:

Congratulations Michiel!

I'm a little bit surprised to see it was stamped "1920" for the Reichswehr, didn't imagine they would still have lances after they were shown to be so inefficient in modern warfare. Or am I misinterpreting the markings?

Regards,

Lars

Back