Using UV light to detect fake fabrics

What he does is a four or three card shuffle.

With me he offered 4 outstanding items all bona ride, including a very nice guard Alexander officer helmet. After transacting outside he sent one, a poorly constructed Parts and reproduction mitre.

On phoning and asking for a refund he tells you to f@@k o@@.

However his days are numbered and something legal is about to be dropped on him that will not, exactly, make his day.

I noticed on E-bay that he got 6 negative scores in the last 12 months under the pseudo elgin-marbles, accusations as "thief" and "lures you..." are perfectly illustrating the person he is. How can we stop this creature from living on theft, fraud and robbery?

Johan
Belgium

With all due respect to the last couple of posters, I'm curious as to how the refund/legal action is going? Has it turned into a "class action" venture?

You seem to be missing the whole point of this thread: expensive military antiques are faked through and through by criminals and ONE of the many techniques to find out whether a fabric is genuine or not is to use UV light. Making fun of it is inappropriate, a lot of people are being fooled by unscrupulous thieves whose only motive is greed, pure greed.

Johan
Belgium

I_wonder if minihelmets would react the same way, or should I be looking for a pit in the middle of the wood? We all know oldhelmets can react on UV light in various ways, yet always the truth will be revealed sooner or later. Sometimes a law suit is helpful to reveal that truth.

Johan
Belgium

Redlegwolf said:
Gentlemen:

I recognize that this is an old discussion, but this light test pains me every time I see a collector pull out a blacklight--especially in a lit room. The blacklight test is useful only if one has a control--and it is not the be all end all.

I 100% agree with you, it's but one of several measures that you are able to legitimacy of the item. It was always designed, not as definitive in it entirety, but just another tool
:D
Keith

Christopher Rattray

I have been pursuing Mr Rattray in the courts since 26 of June 2012.
The court provisionally scheduled a Procedural Hearing for 3 July 2014.
Mr Rattray admitted the claim.
He then offered to pay the debt by way of instalments at £90 per month. That debt would take more than ten years to clear.
He claimed not to own the property in which he resides, has no savings, shares or investments. He indicates that he is not paying rent or mortgage.
Sheriff Officers served a Charge for Payment on Mr. Rattray on 24 July 2014.
The Charge provided Mr. Rattray with 14 days to settle the outstanding debt. That expired on 7 August 2014.
Proceedings to the sequestration of his property commenced.
Once granted, the Trustee took steps to sell the property and use the sale proceeds to meet his debt and any further claims that might be submitted by creditors of Mr. Rattray.

He has now paid up in full.

Following from my successful case it has also been brought to my attention that Mr. Rattray
has last lost a case for fraud amounting to 500,000 UK pounds, by a London Antique dealer,
in the Edinburgh Magistrates court on Monday 26th May 2014.

Yes its half a million pounds. What on earth has he been up to?

I do not know the details but the outcome is a publically issued legal notice.

Stephen Charles Wood, 6 Regent Square, London
against
Christopher Rattray, 21 Elgin Gardens, Dundee.

That equates to $1 M in Canadian funds. Hard to believe one individual, could get himself into such huge trouble. Obviously, he has an enormous ego, to think that he could fool people with this kind of money involved. In addition, he has just as obviously pulled off all kinds of successful scams in the past that would have fed this invincible attitude. One wonders just how many victims are out there?
Please up date this post if you find out what he has been up to in this latest court case.

He is at it again

This time on e_bay as the blackhill

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141470487641" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He is very good at his fabrications and descriptions, you have to give him that. Definitely a sick personality though, a compulsive liar and sociopath...reminds me of that movie The Great Impostor starring Leonardo de Capriole (sp?). God what a way to live/exist.

I am aware that quite few other Pickelhaubes.com forum members have been defrauded by Mr Rattray over the years.

My solicitor has already had filed two successful cases (including mine) against Mr. Christopher Rattray.

He is currently compiling a further two cases.

If anyone else, on this forum, wishes to use my solicitor, who is by now well acquainted with Mr Rattray, please "pm" me and I will send you his contact details.

He is ready, waiting, capable and well acquainted with the law.

I know Mr Rattray is keen reader of this forum as well (under the name I wonder) so he will know that a visit from Dundee Police is also immanent.

Thank you for that information, Mr R has been banned from the forum for criminal activities.

Back