von Blomberg?

Mr. Bean

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can give me a hint or direct me to the right direction.
Found that postcard, however I cannot find any information regarding von Blomberg? Was that a army group? Or specific regiment?

Also some of the soldiers have special patches on their sleeves however I cannot read them.

Appreciate, any help with that photo.

Cheers,
Milosz

IMG_1_0005.jpgwee.JPG
we2e.JPG

Is it about the general staff? Werner von Blomberg was born on September 2, 1878 in Stargard, Germany. He joined the German army and served as a second lieutenant in the 73rd Rifle Regiment. He attended the War Academy (1904-07) before joining the General Staff in 1908.At the outbreak of World War I, Blomberg was an officer of the General Staff of the 19th Reserve Division. He served on the Western Front, where he won the Pour le Mérite.

Thank you your tip. Perhap it is him, I also did some small research and that is generic info that could be found about von Blomberg. I am more courious why that entire unit (regiment) is assigned to him, why regiment has his name? Or maybe it is a army group? At them moment it is kind of mystery to me.

Back