Wurttemberg Forever...

dave mosher

Here is an interesting helmet in a friend's collection. The helmet is attibuted to Albrecht, Duke of Wurttemberg (1865-1939) for Grenadier Regt. Nr. 119.

Dave

Dave,

This is really neat.
I have never seen a royalty helmet with white covered visors. They are mostly the typical green and red.

C

I know what you mean. The funny thing is, this is just a sampling of his collection, which is limited to Wurttemberg regiments and units. BTW, Wilhelm II King of Wurttemburg had no male heirs so Albrecht above was his nephew and was the Crown Prince. The helmet above is for him as the Chef for GR 119, and the metal crown and cypher are sewn into the silk. Now, here is the helmet for Albrecht's son, Albrecht Eugen, when he was a leutntant for GR 119 during the war.

Same monogram???
aws%20close.JPG

Yep mine is off an Awes-Marke also

dave mosher said:
Here is an interesting helmet in a friend's collection. The helmet is attibuted to Albrecht, Duke of Wurttemberg (1865-1939) for Grenadier Regt. Nr. 119.

Dave

Man! Look at the spike on that thing! If you ran out of ammo
and your sword broke you could stab someone to death with it!!! :shock:

A little more from my Wurttemburg collector friend. This general's uniform set was worn by Albrecht. From what I understand, the duke was very tall (over 6') and thin (the tunic has about a 32" waist). All of the orders and medals are original.

Dave

Double that last wow!! Just a fantastic collection. I also would like to hear about how one ends up with royalty items. Brian

Back