Wurttemberg Forever...

Hey fellows:

Thanks for your interest in my friend's items. As far as aquiring the items in his collection are concerned, I would think it has been a mixture of german auction houses, under the table deals with other Wurttemburg collectors (most if not all german), and a lot of family heirlooms. The framed items behind "Big Al's" uniform are his father's and grandfather's medals. If you are interested, his family history is fascinating....

Dave

Hi Dave,
When you say "family heirlooms" do you meen that the collector is related? I would like to learn more. Thanks. Bill

dave mosher said:
Hey fellows:

Thanks for your interest in my friend's items. As far as aquiring the items in his collection are concerned, I would think it has been a mixture of german auction houses, under the table deals with other Wurttemburg collectors (most if not all german), and a lot of family heirlooms. The framed items behind "Big Al's" uniform are his father's and grandfather's medals. If you are interested, his family history is fascinating....

Dave

Hi Dave,
Tell us the history... :)
Otto

Otto:

I thought you would NEVER ask! Bill, sorry,I didn't mean to imply that my friend was related to Duke Albrecht. I was indicating the medals, orders, etc. behind the uniform was his family's items. His paternal grandfather was Ritterkreuztrager Oberstlt. Friedrich Jaeger, who was the first Wurttemberger to win the knights cross (before Rommel) in France, on 5/26/1940. He was wounded six times, the last at Stalingrad, where he was evacuated. He was ardent anti-nazi and was intimately involved with the July '44 plot to kill Hitler (von Stauffenburg was a close friend) , when he was the commander of the reserve panzer units in the Stettin and Kalisch defence districts. His role was to arrest an SS general after the assassination, but was himself arrested, tried in the "Peoples Court" and hung at Plotzeensee Prison the same day on 8/21/44. During WW1, he was an Oberlt with Olga-Grenadier Rgmt 119. He fought at the Argonne, the Somme and Isonzo. He was awarded the Wurttemburg gold military merit medal and was wounded severely in 1917. Now, there actually is a tie between the uniform above and Jaeger. Duke Albrecht's son Albrecht Eugene (the second helmet above), was a very close friend of Jaeger (they were both in the same regiment).

My friend's father is Krafft Jaeger (German Cross in Gold), who fought in Crete, Africa (90th Lt. Div), Demjansk and Cholm. He was also a company commander for the Wachbataillon Berlin "Grossdeutschland". He was arrested and implicated with the 44' plot, and sent to Sachenhausen concentration camp. He was "rescued" by the allies before the SS had a chance to execute him in 1945. He is the last living participant of the 44' plot.

Dave,

That is absolutely fantastic! More than anything else on this forum (and any of the other military forums I belong to), I love hearing the personal stories from people who have actual family members who were there!

:D :thumb up: :D

OK Folks,

Here goes another installment of my friend's family history. This is the medals and insignia for another grandfather (on his mother's side) Hptm d. Res. Otto Hauserman, with FAR Konig Karl (1. Wurtt.) Nr. 13.

And here is the last (for now). This is another great grandgfather (on his grandmother's side), Generalmajor Max Aloysius Schlee-Pasha who was the Chief of Dept V (Weapons and Munitions) and Ottoman GHQ-Inspector General for the Turkish Field Artillery form 1915-18. In 1918 he was the last commander of the XIII Army Corps (Wurttemberg) Field Artillery.

Dave,

This is absolutely the greatest! :bravo: To know this much about his military ancestors and to have their medals, insignia, etc. is breathtaking! :wav:

Having acquired every single thing in my hobby, it makes my head spin to have such incredible family items actually given to you? :tard:

The Third Reich Knight's Cross grouping alone is unobtainable. But the enamel stuff. Ohhhh! And to my favorite Kingdom as well!

Back