WW1 Belgian uniforms & others in auction

Thanks, it does look like the moving of a museum!
Also what my wife said.
But there was so much more. #-o
And if I knew what I know now; I would prefered the high officer's lancer's cap, because thats what I payed now for what is on the pic....
The employee I had at the begining of the sale,on the phone, was quiet chaotique...
But..., it's all part of the game.
And that kind of stuff doesn't show up that often....

Khukri said:
Grrr...a Belgian lance (M1823) went for only 300 €...

And the formidastic Belgian 4th Lancers Tschapka went for 4000 €.(add 23 % auction tax). Rare as hen's teeth you know !!!

Yep: the 4th Lancers Regiment held the line at Halen that 12th of August 1914.

Francis
Just ordered mine! :-({|= :-({|= \:D/
No high ranking officer, just a simple enlisted man, but one need to start some where!
Don't know what is happening, been searching for them for years and now they keep on coming....
.....and there is "probably" more to come... 8-[
Pic's are sellers!

Adler said:
I know nothing about that stuff, but it sure looks very nice!

Adler
They are not that a good investement eighter! You have got to love them, to buy them! :wink:
Putting your money in German stuff is far smarter. :D

So I couldn't resist to thise offer.
It is not the best I have ever seen or own, but as I didn't had one for thise momment it will do well,..... until the doctor comes along!
A green cloth Belgian Garde civique mounted officers spike helmet.

stuka f said:
So I couldn't resist to thise offer.
It is not the best I have ever seen or own, but as I didn't had one for thise momment it will do well,..... until the doctor comes along!
A green cloth Belgian Garde civique mounted officers spike helmet.

That is another fascinating helmet. It appears to be very similar to the British Home Service Helmet. Nice score.

Don't know what is happening, but many of my top listed "wanted" items are coming down one by one.
Here is, a hard to find, Belgian navy pith helmet used from 1955 to 1960.
I am using the picture I took in the sales room, as i just won it!

Funny thing is that; last week I missed one :| on ebay canada, by a few minutes......

stuka f said:
Funny thing is that; last week I missed one :| on ebay canada, by a few minutes......

You missed the one from Canada because I had just bought it! I thought I might upgrade the one I already have, but turns out the one I have is actually slightly better. Now I have two!

Sorry that I sniped you on that one, but when it comes to sun/pith helmets I tend to jump quickly.

I tought it was you! :D :D
Well done!
The ad was pointed out by a forum member in France, and we were chatting about the price, and when he said; "well to expensive to me, you can have it !" I was to late.......
#-o
But I might to upgrade mine, so stay in touche!
;-)

I feel like a fool right now.....
I went to get my helmet, and having it in hand it made me realize I had a similar helmet some where.....
So I went to look for it and here it is.

So I have two as well and no need to up-grade as it is a fine specimen, just one with out the insigna.
And there have never been one on.

The helmet on the right is a helmet I bought in the early days I started collecting, knowing it was Belgian, but without being able to put the finger on what it exactly was....
It went in a box and stayed there untill now...... #-o #-o
I never had a look in to the sweatband! It says ZM FN 1953 just as it should say, the other one is dated 1954, now I can start collecting them by year......
cheers
|<ris

It sure is! It is also big fun when it turns out to be something you didn't expect.
cheers
|<ris

Back