WW1 Belgian uniforms & others in auction

Hey Peter,
if things keep on getting on like they are,......I might be there by the end of the year! ;-)
Look what I manage to get today(using the seller's pic's!);

stuka f said:
Hey Peter,
if things keep on getting on like they are,......I might be there by the end of the year! ;-)
Look what I manage to get today(using the seller's pic's!);

Well that is quite the find. That helmet has been a holy grail for me.

It looks like the French M1886 helmet, which is exactly what I would expect. Very nice example I must say.

It was my holy grale too! In fact I didn't tought I would get one ever.
I never saw one for sale before and only know two in private collections.
It is sad it is in the condition it is, but I like it anyway.
I am hopping to get the sword of the guy too....

Tabora said:
Hello Kris.

Like this one?

Musée de Namur

Or this one:

Very nice! :thumb up:

I need that helmet in MY display case. I've managed to track down so many of the other colonial pattern helmets from around the world.

Ma collection

Regards

Peter_Suciu said:
Tabora said:

Very nice! :thumb up:

I need that helmet in MY display case. I've managed to track down so many of the other colonial pattern helmets from around the world.

Regards

Thanks Peter !

Good luck to find the same ; 17 years for me to find this one.
And, the most beautiful:

Regards

A very nice helmet that is!
It can be seen in a African art book as well ( :oops: before someone broke the strap in the front!);

Hey Mick,
the book might be hard to get.
It was never published,all copy's remained with the printer, so lots were trashed,when he closed down a few years ago.
I manage to save a full van, but have none left.

stuka f said:
Hey Mick,
the book might be hard to get.
It was never published,all copy's remained with the printer, so lots were trashed,when he closed down a few years ago.
I manage to save a full van, but have none left.

Who owns the rights to the book? Is it something that could find another publisher?

I have no copy left......
The author was the son of a weahlty West Flemish industrial who was/is in the carpet business.
My father might still have one.

stuka f said:
It was my holy grale too! In fact I didn't tought I would get one ever.
I never saw one for sale before and only know two in private collections.
It is sad it is in the condition it is, but I like it anyway.
I am hopping to get the sword of the guy too....
Didn't manage to get the sword too and is not looking good for my helmet; according to some inside information my helmet was send to Bel...arus in sted of Bel ...gium...... :x #-o

Fine grouping of Belgian helmets!

I do like the sun helmets, which just further convinces me I need to move where I would never have to see snow again (except maybe when I go to SOS in Louisville).

Thanks Peter!
Here is a close up of the helmet plate, with the little star in the upper right corner.

Back