Yes I love ersatz pichelhaube.

Here is a experimental bavarian alpine troops' helmet. We know only four lightly different examples in the world.
Thise particular headgears were never issued.View attachment 15258View attachment 15259View attachment 15260View attachment 15261View attachment 15262View attachment 15263View attachment 15264

I was just looking over this fantastic collection of helmets and wanted to share a post card from my collection showing something very similar to this style of Bavarian Helm that was issued to Bavarian Machine-gun units

The card translates to Machine-gun detachment on the march ( New Uniform )

fullsizeoutput_c4.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c8.jpeg

I was just looking over this fantastic collection of helmets and wanted to share a post card from my collection showing something very similar to this style of Bavarian Helm that was issued to Bavarian Machine-gun units

Wonderful post card, John Josef.The so-called "scroll helmets" are not common to see nowaday.

View attachment 39119

View attachment 39120

Here is a bavarian scroll helmet.

View attachment 39119

View attachment 39120

Attachments

• 20230518_141424.jpg
    20230518_141424.jpg
    932.6 KB · Views: 12
Do you happen to have a side view ? I'm really curious to see the neck skirt and how it attached . :unsure:

Great collection by the way (y)(y)

I will admit to seeing them and not knowing what they were in my youth. I used to pass them by because I thought they were not Military. I wish I knew then what I know now, but that part of life. There were no really good reference books and certainly no internet. :cry:

Last edited:
Do you happen to have a side view ? I'm really curious to see the neck skirt and how it attached . :unsure:

Great collection by the way (y)(y)

I will admit to seeing them and not knowing what they were in my youth. I used to pass them by because I thought they were not Military. I wish I knew then what I know now, but that part of life. There were no really good reference books and certainly no internet. :cry:
Sorry no neck shirt in my one. However this accessory was a fabric flap fixed arounds the helmet body with a small leather chinstrap.

Hello Zébédée :)
I discovered this post this evening. Well done. I've been at it all evening. Thank you so much. You must find yourself a bit lonely...
I'll try to accompany you on these subjects as soon as I have a moment.

Last edited:
As you can see the liner is clearly marked "J.Bambus & Co - Berlin, O. - Petersburgerstr. 77".
Fascinating in my opinion.
There is also signed the name of the ancient owner but unfortunately is difficult to read.

Last edited:
Back