Yes I love ersatz pichelhaube.

coert65 said:
Hi Zeb,

I got one offered for sale by a fellow countryman of yours last year, a black ersatz one, but didn't buy it..
I should have bought it.. :(

Greetings, Coert.

Hi Coerts, don't worry yourself. The next time you'll shot dawn the bird. I'm sure of this.
Zeb

Zebedeus said:
The inusual fixing mode of the eagle made with the use of a metal washer normally used to lock the knopf m91 connection

Z, on the JR115 felt helmet I showed earlier, the same washers are used for plate attachment. A common practice? Many may have been lost on helmets that survived till now.

Hi Bruno,
in my opinion the use of these metal washer with three holes specifically for M91 chinstraps connection was improper. Normally the holes was reinforced with a metal ring or were used smaller metal washers with only one hole. I believe that at the time the workers used occasionally these three holes washers when the metal rings were not aviable.
Or that was a normal use only by some small producers.
Zeb

That leather/fibre strip stitched around the inner rim of your helmet Zeb is a new one for me. I have seen thin strips of cork stitched like that on officer vulcan fibre helmets but never on a filz helme. There is always something new with these pickelhauben!

b.loree said:
That leather/fibre strip stitched around the inner rim of your helmet Zeb is a new one for me. I have seen thin strips of cork stitched like that on officer vulcan fibre helmets but never on a filz helme. There is always something new with these pickelhauben!

Yes you are right. This cardboard reinforcement ring is another uncommon feature that I have already found in some other specimens before.
It would be interesting to know from Alex if his helmet is also equipped with it.
Zeb

Zebedeus said:
b.loree said:

Yes you are right. This cardboard reinforcement ring is another uncommon feature that I have already found in some other specimens before.
It would be interesting to know from Alex if his helmet is also equipped with it.
Zeb

Interesting point noted Brian. I will check mine and get back to you Zeb.

Alex

Thank you dear friends I'm really happy you like that tshako. So I'll post another one, as soon as possible.
Zeb

Would it be possible to see a bunch of pictures of the bavarian mount troop pickelhaube up close? Those are super rare!

Another beautiful piece of History. You certainly have a world class collection Zeb. Congratulations! 👍

Some other pictures of this fascinating, in my opinion, piece of history. As you know there was only one Eisenbahn battallion in kgl Bavarian Army. This battalion was raised in Munchen on 10-01-1875. This example is in overall good condition, complete and with it's ink stamp E.B.
I love it.
ZebBayerische Eisenbahn Battalion  (1).jpgBayerische Eisenbahn Battalion  (3).jpgBayerische Eisenbahn Battalion  (5).jpgBayerische Eisenbahn Battalion  (10).jpgBayerische Eisenbahn Battalion  (11).jpgBayerische Eisenbahn Battalion  (12).jpg

Last edited:
Back