BIG NEWS... this is from the OVMS:
IMPORTANT OFFICIAL OVMS NOTICE: THE 2021 SHOW-OF-SHOWS HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED
Here is the most critical information you need to know:
1. The new show dates will be Thursday through Saturday, July 22-24, 2021 (with dealer drop-off on Wednesday, July 21, and pack-up on Sunday, July 25).
2. If you have reserved tables they will be automatically rolled over to the new date. You will not need to fill out any additional forms. We will be mailing your table acknowledgements in about two weeks from now.
3. If you have not yet reserved your tables, fill out a form immediately and return it to the OVMS office. DO NOT send payment yet as you will be on the waiting list. We will let you know when we have a table for you.
4. We are working with the Crown Plaza Hotel concerning room reservations in the OVMS block. We will let you know as soon as we have any information for you. If you have reserved rooms at other hotels, you should call them right away to move your reservation. This also goes for airline reservations.
5. The deadline for program ads is now June 1, 2021.
We understand that our members need as much advance notice as possible, so this information is going out to you within hours of finalizing these arrangements with KEC. We also understand that while some of our members will be disappointed and / or inconvenienced by this move, others will be excited about doing the show in nicer weather. It is much more likely that vaccines and therapeutics will be widely distributed by then, and thus better for the health and welfare of our members. Hopefully, there will also be fewer Corona virus restrictions at that time and international travel is much more likely to be available. Trust in this; rescheduling the SOS was not our first choice. It was, however, the one thing that we could do to reasonably ensure that the Show-of-Shows would take place in 2021. Better to reschedule the SOS than not to hold it at all!
More importantly, we did not want to risk the type of last-minute forced cancellations that wrecked the Tulsa Show (cancelled less than 4 days before opening) and the Chantilly show (cancelled TWO HOURS before dealer setup.) The OVMS is fully aware that this type of last-minute cancellation would be a financial disaster for all of our participants. By moving to July, we have hopefully avoided those risks.
This is the basic information that we have for you right now. We will be sending out additional information as we know it. Please watch for updates on the OVMS website, in your email or regular mail, on the OVMS Facebook page, and on the major militaria collector’s forums. We know how important the SOS is to all of you and we will do everything possible to keep you up-to-date.
On behalf of the officers and directors of the OVMS, stay safe and healthy. We look forward to seeing you at the SOS in July!!
Bill Combs – OVMS Business Manager
Auction and Show related discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1