2016 SOS new items

Gustaf said:
I just remembered that I also picked up an American MK I grenade with a MK I fuse and a very nice British #5 grenade, I am beginning to wonder what else I got on this trip:)

I'll do a quick inventory out here...seems the camper was sitting a bit lower when you left my house. :lol:
Keith

usa1918 said:
Gustaf said:
I just remembered that I also picked up an American MK I grenade with a MK I fuse and a very nice British #5 grenade, I am beginning to wonder what else I got on this trip:)

I'll do a quick inventory out here...seems the camper was sitting a bit lower when you left my house. :lol:
Keith

It was indeed, my visit to your house should be a big warning to Karel. The best part of the trip to Kentucky this year was as always, meeting friends, and meeting you in person was a highlight. The collecting community is a very small world scattered over a rather large place and it is always great to make personal contact.

Gustaf said:
usa1918 said:
Gustaf said:

Keith

It was indeed, my visit to your house should be a big warning to Karel. The best part of the trip to Kentucky this year was as always, meeting friends, and meeting you in person was a highlight. The collecting community is a very small world scattered over a rather large place and it is always great to make personal contact.

I realized that I joined this forum in 2005 and I have not yet met with any of you in person (except for a very brief encounter with Alan and Jim, a long time ago)!!!!
Bruno

911car said:
I realized that I joined this forum in 2005 and I have not yet met with any of you in person (except for a very brief encounter with Alan and Jim, a long time ago)!!!!
Bruno

You need to come to SOS, that is where the largest number of members can be connected with along with many of their parole officers as well.

Wow I met you? Must have been awhile ago.

I am terrible with names.

Would love to see you again and chat...

James

J.LeBrasseur said:
Wow I met you? Must have been awhile ago.

I am terrible with names.

Would love to see you again and chat...

James

Sorry James, I meant Jim Turinetti....

no worries, thought I was losing my mind. I am sure I would have remembered meeting you.

Hopefully someday in the future.

Best

James

Bruno...we need to meet in person. Obviously, I know you are a busy man but one does need to take a pause occasionally and enjoy the "hauben things in life" also, we desperately need a diagnosis as to the "Gusmeister" personality type. My Freud references draw a complete blank regarding this! :?

Your welcome. It was a fascinating as well as tragic display, when one thinks that the casts were made from actual victims. Bless 'em all.

:D Ron

poniatowski said:
Your welcome. It was a fascinating as well as tragic display, when one thinks that the casts were made from actual victims. Bless 'em all.

From war comes some of the advances that we still enjoy, the modern ambulance had it's beginning in WWI, reconstructive surgery also.

Gustaf said:
poniatowski said:

From war comes some of the advances that we still enjoy, the modern ambulance had it's beginning in WWI, reconstructive surgery also.

Yup, jet engines, rockets, long-range aircraft that proved the Davis Wing, etc. Other than that, I'd imagine these fellows would rather have their faces back, and the families their sons and daughters. War is certainly one of the great human paradoxes.... along with curry wurst.

:D Ron.

Back