Let's see some shots of your number 1.

Thanks for the compliment. The helmet is from Grenadier Regiment zu Pferd "Baron von Derflinger" (Neumarck) No.3. The regiment was raised in 1704 and was garrisoned at Bromberg in the second army corps.

Reservist1

No problem mate - that is a stunner!!

I don't know why I said 'Brandenberg' for God's sake?

I must have been thinking of the Grenadier Rgt. with the cyphered rosettes? I believe there's one with this feature?

So come on the rest of you, let's see some more - don't be shy now.....

:D

Hard to pick a #1, but this one is up there, not all that rare, but a very nice example.

James

fav002.jpg

That's really nice, James. If I had that it would qualify I reckon. I think I recall roughly when you got that one and I thought it was a straight Prussian Garde Officer but it's actually Garde Train isn't it?

Is the liner in good shape too, I'd like to see some more of that. I bet it's somewhere in the 'Latest find' threads?

Worth the wait! :D

Thank's Ed - it's even better than I thought! What a great piece.

That's a lovely detail inside of the way that the rosette has been attached - I never would have imagined that oval shaped retainer and the square nut?

I've never seen one of these helmets in real-life only in photographs and I don't think I have ever seen one with the M91 chinscale attachment.

Is this an Unteroffizier or a Mannschaften helmet - it could be either couldn't it? I notice there's no studs on the rear spine?

Great photography too!!

Thanks for the compliment on the photography. The helmet is a private purchase piece that could have belonged to any other ranks soldier. Here are some additional details on the configuration of the chinscales and M91 side lugs which are unique to this regimnent.

dr03scales.jpg

dr03lug.jpg

Reservist1

I notice there's no studs on the rear spine?

certainly is wonderful photography! We have had this question before. Private purchase/no studs -- I really do not know what the consistency is. I have a private purchase dragoon with the same kind of liner -- not nearly this nice that has them. By my understanding he could just be someone who bought it or for a one-year volunteer -- I don't know the consistency -- maybe there wasn't any.

back_1.jpg

Arran said:
Its always a tough call to pick a favourite, but this one would have to be up there for me...

Wow, Arran!!! Probably my favorite infantry pickelhaube of them all. Now if I could just win the Lotto and get me one of those, one Garde du Corps officer's helmet with eagle, and one Sacshen Garde-Reiter-Regiment officer's helmet with lion and I'd be set for life! Well, maybe just a couple of others like a Leibhusaren pelzmutze, a ..........oops sorry, I was doing that slippery slope thing!

Hey Brian - I'm gonna drag you into this if I can, can we see some close-up's of your Oldenberg Dragoon from your avatar? :?

It looks pretty amazing from what I can see?

Ahhh, the Squelette strikes!!

Chas.........that's incredible!! Great photo and again it was worth the wait. I can understand you had a hard time choosing and I never expected a Tschapka from you for some reason?

Tony & Kaiser said:
//I would say my favourite helmet is the little one that I made for Kaiser when he was less than a year old in 1997, and he still wears it//

Kaiser2009.jpg

Something for Kaiser, the Mighty Dachshund. Click the image to play (it may take several seconds to load).

Can anyone name the movie?

Back