Let's see some shots of your number 1.

OK, ](*,) I surrender! I gotta know! What film is this? I've been searching for a while now and can NOT find that clip any where...

............................................................................................please sir..

MadMax13 said:
I've been searching for a while now and can NOT find that clip any where...

Chas emailed it to me, so email me and I will forward it to you. It is only about 4 seconds long, taken from a German series that showed on German TV with troops leaving for the front in Aug 1914.

Hi Guys

My apologies for the bump on this thread but at long last Stewie has climbed out of the primeval muck to join the 21st Century.

Mikey I thought you had a neat idea with this question, which item in our collections do we keep back, never to be sold, ever. Well for me it was an easy choice. It would have to be this guy
pickelhaube1.jpg

this was my Christmas present in 1963 from my father. When I unpacked the box I couldn't believe my eyes, a real German helmet. I knew nothing about it, other than it was really, really cool. In many ways this little helmet changed my life and opened up a world of good friends and good times.

Now as far as the one helmet that I have purchased in my life that I wouldn't want to see leave anytime soon, well, it would have to be this one
pickelhaube2.jpg
pickelhaube3.jpg

He's a little salty and toned from age but 100% honest and unmolested. A good friend in Germany found this for me about two years ago. He in turn purchased it from a man who works as a house cleaner in Frankfurt, he found it in an attic of a house he was cleaning out. Yahoo, lucky day.

Hope you enjoy the pics...

Larmo

Back